Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stratmom

Left with pitting on my face

I had moderately bad acne in my 20s (I'm now in my late 40s).

Between a short stint of Tetracycline in my 20s, and birth control pills in my 20s, 30s, and 40s, my acne got under control and now it's gone.

But I'm left with pitting on my cheeks. My family lovingly tells me that it's not really noticeable, but c'mon, it's there. I can see it. It may not be as deep as some people's but I don't have smooth skin anymore.

Is there anything that can be done for the pitting that is left over after the acne disappears? I tried injections a few years ago (I think it was Restyline or something like that) but the effects were only temporary.

Just wondering.... I can live with my face looking the way it does. It's not terrible. But it would be so nice if it could somehow be made smooth again. Or is that just not possible?

wow you're in your late 40's now .and you still care about your face .... ha i though older people dont even care anymore .... nah just life your life and enjoy it ...hopefully when you're reborn next time you get a better complexion

Reincarnation - the answer to all our problems. :whistle:

What about some kind of chemical peel? I don't really know anything about them to be honest, I just read somewhere Brad Pitt had one to reduce the appearance of his scarring.

There are a couple of forums on scarring - if were you I'd check them out.

I had moderately bad acne in my 20s (I'm now in my late 40s).

Between a short stint of Tetracycline in my 20s, and birth control pills in my 20s, 30s, and 40s, my acne got under control and now it's gone.

But I'm left with pitting on my cheeks. My family lovingly tells me that it's not really noticeable, but c'mon, it's there. I can see it. It may not be as deep as some people's but I don't have smooth skin anymore.

Is there anything that can be done for the pitting that is left over after the acne disappears? I tried injections a few years ago (I think it was Restyline or something like that) but the effects were only temporary.

Just wondering.... I can live with my face looking the way it does. It's not terrible. But it would be so nice if it could somehow be made smooth again. Or is that just not possible?

try baking soda as a exfolatior and organic apple cider vinegar as a toner diluted 1:8 ratio works wonders for red marks and pits. it's a natural way to smooth and make your skin more resillant also try this mask.

one tablespoon egg white whipped with a squeeze of lemon. makes your skin baby smooth.

Hope this helps.

I'm in my early 30's and my complexion is just as important to me now as it was when I was a teen. That being said, I also suffer from mild to moderate scarring from years of battling acne. As you people tell me its not that bad, but I know its there and it affects my self esteem. The good news is there are pleanty of options available.

Treatments include from microdermabrasion, and mild chemical peels to more invasive treatments like dermabrasion or CO2 lasers. I recommend you see a dermatologist and find a treatment that suits your needs and financial capabilities.

I am 24 but was left with pitted icepick scars covering my cheeks from acne in my late teens. Once I came off Accutane my skin looked clear but the scars remained. I have recently undergone my second series of silicone injections and I am happy with my results. One more session and than I will have laser resurfacing. My skin has sure come a long way and I feel better than I have in years :)

AWESOME!~! I"m so glad to hear permanent success stories of accutane since I will be going on it in 2 weeks and I am very nervous/anxious about it. Always worrying about the side effects or reoccurring acne.

With scars, I do have some scars but through out days of acne, I was resistant in popping/picking my acne so I don't have toomany but I do have some. Good luck with all your procedures and operations.

My friend said he took a lot of zinc and vitamin E tablets for his scars and seemed like it worked liek a charm. Ofcourse it was over the course of 3-4 years but he never had any procedures like yours. Zinc, to my knowledge, helps with tissue regeneration. Might want to look into that.=P

I too, am left with scarring from acne (old scarring).

Others have given you great advice already :)

Please visit the Scar Forum and maybe you can find some more answers there.