Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GiantRobot

Questions about Tretinoin (Retin-A)

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I would just like to say how much this website has helped me (The Regimen is great!)

I just started using Retin-A today (gel) and I had a couple of questions:

1. Is the small amount (half-inch) supposed to cover my whole face or should i just apply to the breakouts/affected area?

2. I only use it at night time so is it ok to put on a moisturizer right afterward/5-10 minutes afterward? (I use cetaphil)

and lastly...

3. I've been using only BP in the day and night for about two months now, should I alternate between the BP and Retin-A (BP mornings/Retin-A nights)? Would it be a bad idea to use both the BP and Retin-A at the same time at night?

There's so many helpful people here and I really appreciate all the help. And thanks in advanced!

A pea-sized amount should be used to cover the whole face.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to moisturize your face after waiting 5-10 minutes after you put Retin-a.

For my regimen, I use Duac Topical Gel (which has Clindamycin and BP together), during the day. At night time, I use Retin-a Micro.

I've never heard of people ever using both BP and Retin-a micro at the same time.

I've never heard of people ever using both BP and Retin-a micro at the same time.

Yea I'm kind of scared to use both at the same time so I think I'll just keep it how it is. Thanks for the help.