Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm new to the boards, but I have a question. I've been using tazorac for a couple months now, once every night, and I'm not sure if it's really helping. After browsing through this site I wanted to try the regimen on the site, but I'm not sure if that requires stopping the use of tazorac. What do you think I should do? Stop tazorac or just use it at night and do the regimen in the morning? Thanks

Tavan

Taz is one of the strongest acne topicals out there, stick with taz.

You mentioned you havent seen results, how long have you been taking it?

I understand that benzoyl peroxide deactives retinoid drugs. And tazarotene is a synthetic retinoid. I probably wouldn't do it.

^^^ Um I dont know if that true or not but there is nothing wrong with using bp and tazorac. Just not both at the same time. You could do the bp in the morning and tazorac at night.

My derm put me on duac and tazorac. He told me to use duac in the morning and tazorac at night. Been on it 3 months and it working great. Only have scars to take care of now.

BTW Duac is 5% BP.

I dunno, Shindou... With tazorac, one of the things it's doing is remodeling your skin. I think bp interrupts that process. Just my two cents.

Like I said I dont know if what you say is true or not. All I know is I will continue to follow my dermatologist direction. He's been doing this for 20 years and it was him who advise me to use the duac in the morning and tazorac at night. If you cant trust your dermatologist with your skin who are you going to trust.