Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Murmur

Still getting great results with bioidentical hormones

Hi all,

Just updating -- I've been on the bioidentical hormones for a month (estrogen and progesterone), and I feel GREAT and my skin looks amazing.

I have had clogged pores/bumpies on my forehead for 11 years that are FINALLY CLEARING UP. My forehead is actually becoming smooth and I don't have a single cyst. In the past I've been able to clear up the cystic acne but the non-inflamed bumpy stuff has always been tricky. Well, I am seeing fantastic results with that as well.

Also, I have a hard time keeping weight on and since I started the hormones I have gained 4.5 lbs in one month. I'm up from 100 lbs (at 5'2'') to 104.5. My appetite is fantastic for the first time in a LONG TIME. I'm also having fewer panic attacks and my overall mood/outlook is MUCH brighter and happier!

I'm being treated for low estrogen and low progesterone and we still need to work out whether or not I have heavy metal toxicity issues and reactive hypoglycemia, but basically my problems are hormonal and the bioidenticals are helping me immensely. He said that I should only have to take them for about a year to get rebalanced. Apparently the bioidenticals will often jumpstart a sluggish system so the body starts producing adequate amounts of hormones on its own again.

FYI I have low estrogen and low progesterone, but the progesterone is even lower than the estrogen, so it's still "estrogen dominance" even though both levels are low, if that makes sense. The ratio is off, so the goal is to raise both levels AND fix the ratio.

Hope this helps someone!! This approach is an absolute BLESSING for me!! I wake up in the mornings with ENERGY and I still have energy to do stuff in the evenings when I get home from work. I FEEL LIKE A DIFFERENT PERSON.

Look into bioidenticals. They are not just for menopausal women -- that's a common misconception. I'm 25 and they are a godsend for me!

Hello. murmur..

Which doc can prescribe this bioidentical harmonal therapy?

I need some help with my lady cylcle as well, I am not regular, by any means...even through a good diet..

Would it be a natrapath doctor, or a regular dr. that can prescribe/and or would I have to get tested first?

Thanks!

Hi, murmur.

I got progesterone cream delivered a few days ago. I'm not worried about pimples, but I wouldn't mind my skin being smoother. I've also seen progesterone deficiency being linked to hypothyroidism, as well as gynecomastia, so I'm giving it a chance.

Hi, murmur.

I got progesterone cream delivered a few days ago. I'm not worried about pimples, but I wouldn't mind my skin being smoother. I've also seen progesterone deficiency being linked to hypothyroidism, as well as gynecomastia, so I'm giving it a chance.

Im on progesterone cream and have used it for 2 of my cycles so far (in the middle of one at the minute) this time i havnt had a hormonal break out what so ever :dance: Im not going to lie and say ive had nothing because i have had a few little whiteheads and tiny red bumps. Compared to my normal week before and week of my period getting about 2 big spots everyday this is a amazing improvement. It has messed with my periods a bit i came on 2 weeks early last time and a week early this time but TBH i don't give a dam at the minute lol. I just hope this continues to work and i will update if it keeps working. I hope you see some success with it.

Hi, murmur.

Im on progesterone cream and have used it for 2 of my cycles so far (in the middle of one at the minute) this time i havnt had a hormonal break out what so ever :dance: Im not going to lie and say ive had nothing because i have had a few little whiteheads and tiny red bumps. Compared to my normal week before and week of my period getting about 2 big spots everyday this is a amazing improvement. It has messed with my periods a bit i came on 2 weeks early last time and a week early this time but TBH i don't give a dam at the minute lol. I just hope this continues to work and i will update if it keeps working. I hope you see some success with it.

There's a catch though: I'm a guy. :D

But I've seen it be successful with both sexes, which is why I got interested in it.

rakbs, thanks for being our first male guinea pig with the progesterone cream! I hope it works for you!

I was doing an OTC natural progesterone cream before I found this doctor and it helped some, but now that I'm using the prescription bio-identicals I feel EVEN BETTER and my skin is clearing even more.

I was surprised to find that I had low estrogen as well as low progesterone. The estrogen cream makes me so happy! It's really weird. Actually they both make me feel good -- the estrogen makes me feel HAPPY and the progesterone makes me feel content and mellow. It's amazing. Mood improvement AND skin clearing. I hope these results last. I think they will, but only time will tell. I actually feel more like the "real me" -- the old me, the one who got lost somewhere years ago under a blanket of anxiety and low-level depression.

OH, and I'm finally GAINING WEIGHT!! I've had a really hard time keeping weight on in the past few years and was hovering around 100 lbs at 5'2''. Not techinically underweight, but right at the bottom of the healthy range. Since I started the hormones 1 month ago I HAVE GAINED 4.5 LBS!! I feel so much better in my clothes. I hope to gain another 4 or 5 lbs and my doctor expects that I will! Woohoo!

Oh, I should add that I have been pretty much eating WHATEVER I WANT. The only thing I'm still seriously limiting is my wheat/gluten intake. I'm going to switch back to a healthier diet soon but right now I'm just happy to be gaining weight and enjoying my appetite.