Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carson

Almost Clear, now what?

Alright, so I've been on Dan's regiman (using all his products) for about a month now. My skin is clear, minus 1 or 2 bumps. BUT, I still have a lot of red marks left from old acne. What should I use, and how do I incorporate it into the regiman? Also, how long will it take to clear?

I know there are many threads, but I just don't trust it because EVERYONE says something different! It's because everyone's acne is different I guess. And I'm going to the beach in a few weeks, I'll wear like SPF 15 on my face. That should be good for the red marks, right?

I'll wear like SPF 15 on my face. That should be good for the red marks, right?

Depends. A lot of the people on this board say that's bad for your face and you have to use a higher SPF. However, I've been making a point to get my face in the sun (no makeup or spf) for 20 minutes a day and it's done wonders.

In addition to sunscreen, I would recommend trying to keep your face out of the sun (wear a hat and seek shade from time to time). BP makes your skin much more sensitive and the sun's rays can be surprisingly damaging, particularly where red marks are concerned.

I don't want to scare you - just make sure you take the necessary precautions. Good luck!