Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monogato

Do you drink?

Frankly speaking, I do love alcohol. :D But I haven't been drinking since I started to watch my diet and I'm not happy with it. Would one or two beer(I mean, bottles) be okay once in a while? And is there anyone who knows how exactly alcholic drinks cause acne?

All the time, nothing wrong with getting shitfaced every once and awhile with your friends.

Although, all they usually have is the cheap vodka :wall:

i drink , get drunk ...i havnt done in ages but i do enjoy my drink with my friends...i never even thought it breaks me out!!!

i know malibu did once...

I dont drink because of all the research I've done on alcohol consumption.

Some facts to help you decide if alcohol is for you:

The "headaches" in the hangover are caused from all the blood vessels and capilaries expanding in your brain/face/head area. The capilaries in your nose area expand so much that they sometimes burst :shy:. After years of this, this will affect the long-term health of your complexion. Researchers know that regular alcohol consumption ages the skin.

Pour vodka over a raw egg in a bowl. Within minutes, you should notice that clear part turns white and that the cells of the egg are being cooked by the vodka. This is what hard alcohol does to the cells in your mouth (mutatating them) and after continual use leads to oral cancer.

1 in 5 babies in the United States have some form of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome at this time in history. 1 in 50 babies have full blown symptoms of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome...while the majority of babies have less-obvious symptoms such as learning disabilities, anxiety and hundreds of other problems which show up in later life :w00t: . Consuming large quantities of alcohol 3 days before conception does impact the growing embryo's cells.

As long as you know some of these facts, the by all means make your own decision :).

Well I don't really drink - I dont really like the taste, it's expensive, and I dont like the feeling of lack of control that comes with it.

I do like a plum wine spritzer though on rare occasions!

Seeing as I don't drink I can't really comment on how it affects my skin, but from an objective point of view, when my friends drink alot on a night out, or go for a few drinks every night during the week their skin does seem to look worse for a few days afterwards. Sometimes quite alot worse!!!

It makes sense considering that alcohol dehydrates you, and your liver has to work overtime to clear it out of your system, meaning a possible build up of toxins that have to come out somewhere!!

Ive noticed that the people who drink alot on night's out tend to stay out much later than other people as well, which means less sleep, which means even less time for the skin and body to recover.

In answer to your question, no I dont drink. Ive only drunk alcohol like four or five times in my life. I do not tolerate it well and I would prefer to be walking and talking straight

won't lie, i'm an alcoholic. Kidding, but I drink vodka straight every morning for breakfast with my oj. Kidding again, but I never get super drunk though....: )

I think it depends on the alcoholic beverage. Wine doesn't seem to affect my acne but gluten-containing beer does.

I drink 1-2 glasses of wine or beer almost daily. I didn't drink at all when I was pregnant, and very little when I was breastfeeding. I did not notice much impact on my skin at that time.

iv cut out beer and always drink cider now, apple cider vinegar has good results on here so why not apple cider? doesnt break me out either

For me it's hard to tell what has an effect on my skin, my acne is not the type you can sit there counting pimples or anything, so I can't say alcohol makes my skin a lot worse, but I'm sure it does. Alcohol dehydrates you.. I know I've woken up in the middle of the night after going to a party and being so thirsty I could barely talk. I'm sure dehydration is terrible for the skin..