Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
effs334

why do you scar so easily on tane?

i justtt finished accutane today, and have been noticing that ive developed these ice pick scars throughout my course which i think is horrendous, even though everyone around me says "its no big deal and i am so self involved"....i never had really bad cystic acne, just mild/moderate hormonal acne that got worse...

does it make sense that even moderate acne scarred into ice pick scars? will this get better??? is it normal to develop these types of scars even from mild acne while on tane? am i not getting enough of some nutrients in my diet??? ugh im so scared im gona have this face foreverrrrrrr....i know i hsould be happy i have no more acne, but i guess people are never happy with what they have :(:(:(

i justtt finished accutane today, and have been noticing that ive developed these ice pick scars throughout my course which i think is horrendous, even though everyone around me says "its no big deal and i am so self involved"....i never had really bad cystic acne, just mild/moderate hormonal acne that got worse...

does it make sense that even moderate acne scarred into ice pick scars? will this get better??? is it normal to develop these types of scars even from mild acne while on tane? am i not getting enough of some nutrients in my diet??? ugh im so scared im gona have this face foreverrrrrrr....i know i hsould be happy i have no more acne, but i guess people are never happy with what they have :(:(:(

I know Accutane roughs up your skin's healing process, so that could be it. It's possible that you had the scars before and are now just noticing them because your acne is clearing up, too.

The guy above is right about the skin healing process. The reason you scar on accutane when you never did before hand is due to a prolonged and/or more intense inflammatory stage of wound healing.