Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caspian

Supplementing Accutane

Hey, would just like some advice on things that can help supplement Accutane.

Moisturizers/Lotions

I've heard Cetaphil is the best, but there seems to be so many variations of their products.. for example I've seen a moisturizing lotion, cream and a 'daily hydrating lotion' also a couple of different cleansers. Which are the best and work well whilst on Accutane?

Are there any better equivalents of Cetaphil?

Topical Antibiotics

Does anyone use a topical lotion alongside Accutane? Obviously Retin-A would be a very bad idea lol! But are there any topical lotions which help supplement Accutane and take control of the breakouts caused by Accutane?

Thanks

The Cetaphil cream has worked pretty good for me. The SPF one was awful. It didn't even seem like a moisturizer.

Some people say they use topicals while on Accutane, but it's not recommended. Your skin is really sensitive. Accutane will do it's job by itself.

Hey, would just like some advice on things that can help supplement Accutane.

Moisturizers/Lotions

I've heard Cetaphil is the best, but there seems to be so many variations of their products.. for example I've seen a moisturizing lotion, cream and a 'daily hydrating lotion' also a couple of different cleansers. Which are the best and work well whilst on Accutane?

Are there any better equivalents of Cetaphil?

Topical Antibiotics

Does anyone use a topical lotion alongside Accutane? Obviously Retin-A would be a very bad idea lol! But are there any topical lotions which help supplement Accutane and take control of the breakouts caused by Accutane?

Thanks

My derm put my on zythromax (sp?) in order to minimize the IB. I take 150mg three times a week and I noticed that I broke out a little bit more over the first weekend when I hadn't taken the Zythromax.