Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saul Goodman

Not as effective as it used to be...

I've been using the Regimen for about 9 months now. It's been awesome for so long. Never had my skin look better. But, In the past few months I've been getting the odd pimple here and there and rarely the odd big painful one... Basically, i 'm wondering why the regimen has stalled up on me!? And if anyone has experienced this? I'm doing everything exactly the same as i always have been, i just don't get it. Is it just not going to work as well for me anymore? I've never even slacked off. Not missed one application. I'm vigilant with this shit. Nuts.

:confused:

The environment/weather can play a role, especially with increased heat and humidity during the summertime.

Have you read through the biggest mistakes? http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html

Are you sure you are using two full pumps of the bp? Are you getting any sun exposure that you weren't previously?

Well, i guess it could be the weather... i just don't get it. i'm doing everything the same as i ever was.

i think sometimes when you're still youngish (sorry if im wrong here, i just assume you're sort of under 30s area?) our bodies will sometimes go through hormonal swings where acne gets worse for a short period of time. for example at the start of the year i got my first cysts despite never having had them before in 6 years of acne, i hadnt changed anything in my routine but they still turned up. i think the most important thing is to stick with what you're doing and dont be tempted to deviate, i stopped using bp because i thought it wasnt working for me anymore, and got some of the worst acne ive ever had in my life and am still trying to recover from it now! the bp is obviously working for you and i think you'd be amazed how much its probably holding back. id say stick with it, be extra careful and generous with the bp and hopefully it will settle down again soon. if not maybe a trip to the doctor would be a good idea as perhaps it may have become more severe? keep on with the bp though, dont be an idiot like me!

also, do you exfoliate at all? like using an aha? maybe you've got a bit of dry skin build up thats clogging your pores after all this time? maybe an aha could give it a little boost?

i think sometimes when you're still youngish (sorry if im wrong here, i just assume you're sort of under 30s area?)

Yep. Still under 30.

also, do you exfoliate at all? like using an aha? maybe you've got a bit of dry skin build up thats clogging your pores after all this time? maybe an aha could give it a little boost?

Yes i do exfoliate. Mainly to prevent ingrown hairs. Maybe its just a hormonal fluctuation. Who knows?