Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kimothy

Without makeup vs. with makeup

Ok.... sometimes it's hard for me to know whether people actually notice a difference when I wear makeup. I really would like HONEST opinions on whether I look better with it or without it. I've taken pics to share...........

First up..... no makeup pics:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/flu...26/IMG_0716.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/flu...26/IMG_0717.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/flu...26/IMG_0718.jpg

And now for the makeup pis (with my hair done and wearing a better shirt):

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/flu...26/IMG_0723.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/flu...26/IMG_0724.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/flu...26/IMG_0725.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/flu...26/IMG_0726.jpg

I feel like the makeup is making me look better (which means more work for me). Arg! What do you think?

I think you look better in the second set of photographs- But only because you smiled in them, not because of the make up. Honestly to me you look pretty much the same with and without makeup...It's all down to the confidence you show really :)

Your skin really isnt that bad! It looks pretty much the same except more matte to me what really makes you look nice is how you did your hair in the second set of pictures, but seriously - your pretty either way! most girls look like a whole other person without makeup but you dont :)

You look adorable either way! The makeup gives you a more even color and a dash of brightness/pinky cheeks in a very flattering way, though. But you look just fine without makeup. You could easily wear makeup ONLY for special occasions and not wear any at all on a daily basis.

Thanks for the input, everyone. It's good to know that there IS a difference so that I don't feel I'm wasting money on the stuff, but at the same time the difference isn't too drastic.

I think you look more polished with makeup, and you can see that your confidence is much higher when you have it on.

aww kim, I wish I had your skin! If I were you I wouldn't wear make-up, honest reply btw!

Your skin is less shiny and more evened out WITH make up but either way your skin still looks awesome.

You do look more polished in the second set of pictures but if you just fixed your hair and wore a better top in the first set, it would really almost be the same. And it is true, you do look more confident and happy in the second set.

By the way, your skin isn't bad!

I see a difference with make-up. It makes you look more radiant and glow. You look pretty good without make-up as well, but I definitely see a difference when you have it on. ;)

I can definitely see a difference. You look more radiant with makeup and your makeup looks very natural. I would like to see you with more drastic makeup, too!

However, your skin looks amazing without makeup, too, and you are very lucky.

PS: Your hair grew!!

OK pretty girl. Your lips are freaking amazing. In the pics with no makeup on you still have great skin tone, a very rosy pretty glow, and I only see a few tiny spots. I agree u look more polished with it, as everyone does, and the confidence does show in pics with makeup. It really comes down to how U feel going barefaced. But if I were you, I would only wear it occasionally...and I'd paint those lips a vampish whore red to exaggerate an already stunning feature. Focus on them and no one will notice anything else, I promise.

aww you all are awesome! I agree that my skin absolutely looks more even with makeup (plus it hides my red marks), so I'll probably continue wearing it pretty much whenever I go out (it takes less than 10 minutes anyway). Still though, if I needed to get out there bare-faced, I could do it, especially since I did it all the time last semester in school!. Accutane is slowly helping me to feel more comfortable in my own skin.

ps. Thanks for the tip, sadsadsad. Only problem is that my poor lips are extreeemmmeeellyy dry these days due to Accutane. So it's almost impossible to play them up much.. Dr. Dan's CortiBalm seems to be helping though!

perhaps the makeup brings out your confidence... and that looks lovely. but you look great either way!

Your skin doesn't look bad at all without makeup but with makeup your skin looks flawless.

aww you all are awesome! I agree that my skin absolutely looks more even with makeup (plus it hides my red marks), so I'll probably continue wearing it pretty much whenever I go out (it takes less than 10 minutes anyway). Still though, if I needed to get out there bare-faced, I could do it, especially since I did it all the time last semester in school!. Accutane is slowly helping me to feel more comfortable in my own skin.

ps. Thanks for the tip, sadsadsad. Only problem is that my poor lips are extreeemmmeeellyy dry these days due to Accutane. So it's almost impossible to play them up much.. Dr. Dan's CortiBalm seems to be helping though!

You could try just sweeping a powder over your face to matte it down and even your skintone out. Quick and easy, and you're not wearing as much.

Honestly, if my face looked like yours, that's probably all I'd do.

I think you look fine either way. Like most of us, makeup (even a light layer) can even our skintone and make us look brighter and refreshed. Gives you a more polished look. It still looks natural, which is what you want. Your a beautiful girl!

Hi actually think you look great either way. However, everyone looks better with make up. It makes us look younger and makes our complexion more even. OMG you and I have like the same exact hair! Its the same color and the same exact texture! Is each individual strand of hair fine but you have a lot of them?

P.S. Im confused! Are you the same person as flutist girl or are you another Kim?

It doesn't look like if you are wearing make-up in the second set, it looks very natural. I think that you look great in both. You really don't need to wear make-up in my opinion though.

I agree with every one else, you look great in both. I saw say away from the make up until you're clear. I avoided makeup while I was trying to get my skin under control. It was hard to go without make up but people kept telling me that I notice it more than anyone else does. Anyway, I'm 98% clear and I've started wearing my makeup again.