Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Great Reizo

Will my doctor prescribe this new drug?

We've all been hearing about that new prescription that reduces sebum by 90 percent. I think it's called Oxy-something. Anyways, what do you think the chances of getting prescribed if I show him some evidence that it is in the works for an acne drug?

Next to nil. Doctors are not going to risk their medical licenses on something that is 1. not named. (no proof as far as I know that the med truly is oxybutynin) 2. not labeled for that use 3. no safety testing or dosage testing for an off-label use.

Any one of those individually might allow a doc to feel confident about prescribing a medication, but not all three together.

I just found this...

"The administration of antiandrogens in males can result in slowed or halted development or reversal of male secondary sex characteristics, reduced activity or function of the accessory male sex organs, and hyposexuality (diminished sexual desire or libido)"

What about an androgen zapping drug? If that was indeed viable couldn't I see a GP about it?

No androgens = no manhood. Without androgens you'd be a sissy with no sex drive and emotional like a girl due to unregulated estrogen that androgens provide.

What about an androgen zapping drug? If that was indeed viable couldn't I see a GP about it?

No androgens = no manhood. Without androgens you'd be a sissy with no sex drive and emotional like a girl due to unregulated estrogen that androgens provide.

Actually I talked to a friend today who used to have pretty bad acne and he was put on hormonal therapy and eventually his body adjusted and grew out of breaking out after his therapy. I am strongly considering it, although, I am afraid of the initial breakout phase. I am also considering going to a derm about accutane, but I am wondering; if I have redmarks already and am on accutane AND I have an IB, would that greatly increase the healing time needed, or would it be less because I wouldn't have to use BP which is known to slow the healing process...?