Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mspixel

Pixel treatment, with pics

Hey,

I'm 35 years and had the occasional spot from 12 until 19, when I developed hormonal acne, which out smarted topical and oral antibiotics, the pill, dairy free diet, organic diet, microderm, acid peels etc. Finally 18 months ago, I started using Spiro, since then I have had no active acne.

Today, I had pixel. Apart from acne, at age 35 I'm starting to wrinkle and sag, and I have a pigment on my forehead due to the pill.

Lets see what Pixel can do....

post-77511-1213006353_thumb.jpg

post-77511-1213006353_thumb.jpg

Ok the actual pixel treatment itself didn't hurt at all, it was a sensation, but not painful. Then my face just burned and felt really tight, it was really painful, I had a massive head ache. This pic is 2 hours post pixel, I couldn't move my face and frankly Im wondering what the hell I have done to myself. There was a really disgusting smell during the treatment... of cooking meat! Agghh yuk!post-77511-1213006560_thumb.jpg

post-77511-1213006560_thumb.jpg

Day 1 post pixel. My face stopped hurting and I could move it after about 4 hours. Unfortunately I forgot I had a dental appointment and had to show up like this today! It's a lot better, but ummm I still look like burnt meat.

post-77511-1213059127_thumb.jpg

post-77511-1213059127_thumb.jpg

post-77511-1213145595_thumb.jpg

Day 2 post pixel.

Damn I thought I'd be looking better by now. Most of the pixel reviews said they looked fine by day 3, so I planned to go to work tomorrow but Ill have to call in sick, I just couldn't stand all the questions. On close inspection, my wrinkles, large pores have gone. It looks like the skin on my chin, which was my main problem area, looks free of old red marks. But Im thinking its just because my skin is still so tight at the moment. Im completely bored of hiding out at home, I haven't had to do this since I had my last cyst or acne. Also, its annoying because Im so bored I keep on logging back on here and its kind of doing funny things to my head, Im starting to think I have acne again and Im frightened of an outbreak, even thou its been 18 months since that last happened to me! Aggghhh, hopefully tomorrow I'll look better and will be able to leave the house properly, damn Im suppose to go to the movies, I wonder if I can bring myself to do so, also wondering if I should cancel seeing boyfriend over the weekend, how am I going to explain that? Pretend I've got the flu or something?

At least I've finally found the time to paint my bedroom wall!

post-77511-1213145595_thumb.jpg

Hey mspixel,

I felt the exact same way: bored. Luckily my best friend hung out the first couple days- those were the worst. Instead of painting, I cleaned my house from top to bottom. I don't know why I didn't want anyone else to know about my procedure- it's feels shameful and embarrassing to me for some reason and it shouldn't!

You will be surprised at how fast that old, dead skin will peel off and you'll look like your old self again. I took 5 days off from work, I think I could have done just 4. Don't forget the sunblock, I even wore it indoors.

Good luck to you!

Hey,

Thanks for your response. Well I managed to get out of work on Thursday, but I HAVE TO work on Friday. I'm wondering if I should gently exfoliate to get rid of the brown skin? Or just leave it be? I've just been using cream 4 times a day and have avoided touch my face. I'm a nursing supervisor, so I'll be in contact with sooooooo many people on Friday from patients, co workers, doctors, my biggest fear is walking into the dementia ward where I know one of the residents will have a lot to say!

Im so ashamed to have had this done as well, I've told one friend and I just had to tell a co-worker to justify why I so desperately had to have tomorrow off. They all laughed at me and said....you did what? I thought about telling some ppl I put a face mask on and lo and behold this is what I ended up like, but the laser lines are rather obvious.

Try to grin and bear it. My skin was coming off like crazy when I washed my face. (only gently with fingertips and cetaphil/water) I "helped" it along a little, but they tell you to try and not do it.

I bet you'll be ok by the day you have to work. Maybe bump up your face washing a couple more times a day and see where this gets you! I only had a trace amount of brown peely skin on the outlining areas of my face, the laser marks will be off there very soon!

You guys where right, I am looking better. Im pretty confident Ill be looking good for Saturday night. So the back ground is the new feature wall I spent painting during my post pixel isolation!post-77511-1213237643_thumb.jpg

post-77511-1213237643_thumb.jpg

Wow Pixel, looking great! :clap: Your skin looks pretty close to flawless in that last pic...I hope I can get the same results from Spiro. Right now my face is covered in scabs and cysts :|

Oh yeah, way better! You look great, just be careful with any sunlight. I was never careful in the sun in my younger days and now it's haunting me. I feel like this procedure is giving us a second chance to really take care of our skin!

Lookin' good, Lady! :dance:

post-77511-1213426525_thumb.jpgJust hang in there with spiro... you should have seen me before!

I think this also gives me a second chance to be sun safe.... SPF 30 all the way from now on.

4 women asked me at work yesterday what I'd done to my skin, "I put on a mask, it itched a bit must have had a reaction" seemed to work.

Its amazing the healing that happens over night... I had my eyebrows done today and it was 15 minutes into the appt when Di asked me if Id have some laser done, because the hatch marks are a little visable. My hairdresser who loves to talk about my personal life didnt even notice. So I feel pretty good and am going to go on a date tonight, without make up, because I feel fine.

post-77511-1213426525_thumb.jpg

Hi Pixel

Very interested to read you post, as I had an initial consulation today and this has been been recommended as treatment for my scars. I would be interested to know now its a few days on if :

you can see improvement in your skin from before

will you have any more sessions

where you had it done

how much you paid

I have to say I am worried about the being house bound bit, and from your photos it does look like there is alot of redness but then it suddenly subsides aroud day 3. Your last pic looks fully recovered :)

KK

Hey,

My main concern was a few old red marks and slightly crepe looking skin on my jaw line from previous acne, I'd hit this area big time with IPL and MAX previously and felt as if my red marks where no longer a real issue. The skin is no longer crepe, and the red marks have faded, but this area was really good prior to pixel, so I can't imagine how well pixel would working on proper scars. The pores on my nose look a little smaller, but only a touch. The areas where pixel worked for me was in areas I wasn't expecting, I had wrinkles between my eyes and around them, they appear to be gone at the moment. I had melasma and that has faded a great deal. And my skin looks like its had a bit of a lift.

I paid $300 for the treatment, I intend to have another one in say 3 months and then have them once yearly. I had it done in Melbourne, Australia.

I will post more pics but Ill wait, a few more weeks, so I can see the true results.

At the moment, I would say Im really pleased,yet confused as it worked so well on some areas, yet I still appear to have red marks.

Hey mspixel...whats Spiro? I'm 25 and have hormonal acne that seems immune to everything. As much as u could tell me would be helpful!!

Hi Mspixel

Immediately after your treatment did you have any camouflage make up applied, if so how did it look? Thinking of getting this done next week but mostly worried about how it looks immediately after and getting home!

kk

You can't put makeup on after...really need to be careful with what you put on.

I get goop from them to put on my face after (goop as in high end vaseline like product)

If it's cranked up you're face will hurt too much to even want to put anything on it, but a pair of nice big sunglasses and a scarf wrapped around your head to cover your face.Don't forget to smile at the onlookers that may want to stop and peer (gauck).....

Sorry I'm being a little silly, but the first time I forgot my scarf and while I was driving through downtown during rush hour people were either starring or so revolted that they looke the other way.

Gotta love it!

My husband litterally jumped when I walked into our house. It's was pretty scary!

But, I guess all the dried up blood on my face didn't help much.

(if your taking any omega's you may want to stop them atleast 5 days prior as with vit.e because it thins out your blood and will cause alot of bleeding if you're going deep.

Well Im doing my second lot of Pixel tomorrow. I'll be sure to take a before picture before I go. I am pleased with the results of pixel, but really my skin was good before pixel, so I wonder, would the results be more dramatic or less noticable if I suffered from bad acne marks? I don't think pixel is a the amazing miracle. There really hasn't been much improvement in my chin area, initally the large pores I have on my nose seemed to have gone, but after my skin had totally recovered they are as big as ever. Old brown marks from the pill have faded. I haven't seen any tightening or less sag in the skin after the recovery peroid. Also for a few weeks after pixel, I did have a break out on my chin, which I hadnt had since spiro.

So why am I doing this again? I'm just curious, maybe after the second treatment things will improve more. I'm prepared for tomorrow, second time wiser, I bought a box set of dvds and have everything I need for at least the next 4 days as I know I wont be able to leave the house and Im going to wear glasses and a big hat to the doctors.

post-77511-1220273690_thumb.jpg

Uggggh yup that's me a few minutes after I dragged myself out of bed the morning of my second pixel session. Nothing new to add, it still stung and smelt like meat roasting during the treatment, burns and Ill look awful for the next few days. I'll take some pics in about 5 days time and once properly recovered. At least this time I know what I'm in for. He said he hit me up to a higher level, last time I was at 1200 and I forgot to ask at what level this time. He made 3 passes on both occasions. That man is a sadist I tell ya! I'll proberbly be lurking around here for the next 5 days or so, so if you want to ask me anything about it, go for it.

have fun!

post-77511-1220273690_thumb.jpg

I thought I would add my experiences too below - I have had my 3rd pixel treatment this week. I had lots of rolling scars on my forehead, temples and chin mainly, with isolated scars on the cheeks.

The first time Pixel didnt hurt much at all and my face recovered pretty quickly (intensity: 900 I think).

Result: While skin was still coming off I thought there was an improvement. Once skin fully recovered I actually thought the scars looked worse - more acute with sharper edges! I was told not to expect much as the first time is more to see your skin's tolerance than anything else.

The 2nd time hurt a bit more and took about 1 extra day for full recovery (intensity: 1200). There was some stacking on the forehead and temples and these areas did swell up more.

Result: After skin fully recovered, I really do think that some scars are not so deep and the wider scars I think the edges have closed in a bit. Though I have to admit I thought the results would have been more dramatic.

The 3rd treatment this week hurt badly during it to the point i almost had to stop (intensity: 1400, the highest I think). This time, on the day it was done the face did ooze a bit in places where the laser had been stacked - so the skin has been broken. Now 3 days on and I have the most incredibly swollen eyes, I went to bed last night with 1 eye swollen expecting it to be gone when I got up this morning - but no both eyes and much worse... I look like a monster!

I rang the clinic and apparantly this can sometimes happen, so sat here with chilled eye mask on!!

The skin is also taking longer to start flaking, so I guess with each more intensive treatment it is wise to factor in more downtime.

Fortunately I have this week off, there is no way I could be seen like this.

With regards to applying make-up straight after, the clinic I go to supply makeup called Lycogel which is designed specifically for this type of treatment and can even help the skin recover. Without the makeup available I doubt I could have gone through with this..it isnt cheap though.

I'll report on results of 3rd treatment once face is fully recovered - expecting the pain this time to mean the best results :)

Similar! The treatment hurt me, first time I was laughing the whole way thur, this time I went quiet. Last time, I was actually out and about by now, I'd say I've got at least another 3 days of hiding. My skin took longer to flake and it was so itch that it was just stinging, thankfully that is over Both of my eyes are really swollen, like a black eye without the black colour. I can see my new skin coming thru and it looks great, but last time I remember that this was a bit of a trick and that I have to fully heal before I can assess progrress. I am really really really bored. I'm sick of hiding out, its all my own fault and hopefully will be worth it.

In regards to make up, I can't imagine how make up works right after treatment, I just looked like a monster, as soon as I got in my car I just poured water on my face, it was burning so much. Still, its my own fault.

Thanks for your response kitty, I'd love to see some pics and hear some more of your progress.

Oh yeah, what is stacking? Are they the really dark brown patches? My doctor got me to start taking antibiotics right after the treatment as he said he went hard. I had some ooze as well.

Hi Mspixel

Yeah I am pretty bored too as I think I am still at least 2 days away from coming out of hiding, today is day 4. Fortunately the eye swelling did start to subside throughout yesterday, and today eyes are just a bit puffy - tho I still don't look like me! It was so bad at one point I couldnt see properly.

Stacking is when the laser passes over the same areas more than once - so for me this was done on my problem areas. These areas are still pretty dark and no where near starting to flake, the rest of the face is thankfully - tho the new skin is pretty red.

As for the makeup take a look here http://www.lycogel.eu/ - when applied straight after you look kinda normal from a distance tho still wouldnt want anyone I know to see me. Obviously you have to be really gentle applying it. I was told to leave it on for the whole of the first day and night and then cleanse the next day.

This was the last of the 3 treatments I have paid for so I really hope I get some results this time, I don't think I could have it done again on the highest intensity. Personally i'm not sure how they can say pixel has no down time.

I hope you see some good results when you are fully recovered

Kitty

Its like pixel magic happened over night, my eyes are normal, the bits that where stacked have pretty much gone and Im not peeling so much. I've run out of chocolate so I have to get out of the house and get some. I look so much better, but in truth I still look pretty damn odd, hatch marks everywhere and my skin is red. I'm going to go in and have IPL hair removal later on today, I was so bored yesterday I thought it would at least give me the chance to interact with someone. I was suppose to catch a band tonight but will give that a miss. I have to go to work tomorrow but its not my regular work place so I could pull off, ohhh this, I went skiing and got burnt? Ohhh had a facial and look what happened to me? Errr no, my face is always like this?

I hope you great great results also Kitty, I remember reading a post you made earlier and you paid a huge amount for your Pixel, I hope it has the desired affect!

I guess having Pixel is like giving birth, after you recover you forget the pain and focus on the good things and then want to go back and have another! In saying that I am childless thou!

My eyes look a lot more normal today tho there is still a little puffyness under the eyes now - almost like the swelling is travelling down my face!

Face is really flaking now with exception of the stacked areas. I think the pores on my nose are smaller, tho it is early days so will have to wait for final results.

Hopefully this will be my last day inside, very excited about putting on some makeup and going outside tomorrow.