Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
degroot

Help me please!

Hi I am a 26 year old male that gets a few small to large breakouts per week. My dermatologist told me, 5 years ago, that virtually no one has acne consistently past the age of 25. 6 years ago differin worked well and stopped. Retin A never helped and 3 years ago I was on duac (clindamycin) and it worked great for 2 years. 1 year ago I went on avare (sulfur/sulfacetamide) and it worked well for 9-10 months. Now I'm using up my last bottle and breaking out around my nose and on it about every other day. My last line of defense is that I got doxycycline caps from my derm 1 yr ago and i break them into 5ths and take 1 and my skin just clears up perfectly over night w/o fail. I would prefer to find a new topical antibiotic because differin and Benzoyl peroxide (when not with the clinda) dry me out like crazy. Do you guys think that I should go with an erythromycin topical? What do I do when that stops working? I have no prescription coverage. Should I try that new very expensive slow release benzoyl peroxide? should I keep getting doxycycline and just use that? I am healthy, clean, exercise and eat better than 80% of people my age. I work in the public sector and it is just too embrassing to try to act like an adult but look like a teenager.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks