Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello everyone, im new to this site because of frustration. i am wondering if anyone has had a battle with clindamycin? about a month and a half ago i had a severe pain in my tooth. my dentist put me on oral clindamycin for about a two week period. subsequently i had an infected molar and had to have a root canal. long story short. after my course of clindamycin i developed small bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. im 40 years old and never had much problem with pimples. there isnt anything in these bumps but they wont heal with any type of acne treatment. i wash my face like crazy, try to dry it out with the sun and nothing will get rid of these bumps. is there anything to counteract what clinamycin has done or does anyone know how long it takes for this drug to get out of your system? please post any help> Thanks

A lot of people actually take clindamycin to help control acne. Are you sure there isn't another possible cause? New hair products, sweat.... ? I'd see a dermatologist if you can.