Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Solar Groove

Me and the DKR, need some advices.

Hey everyone, I'm 15 and I've got acne since I was 12. I've used many products to try to control it and I kept a moderate/mild status with my acne. Now since about half a year, my acne has gotten to a severe case. :confused:

A month ago, I got fooled by fake zenmed's treatment reviews and bought the complete kit. After a week though, seeing it was making my face way worse, I stopped using the topical medications and took only the pills (which I'm still taking right now).

The thing is after that week I stopped taking zenmed's topical medications, I switched to Dan's regimen, which I'm on for about 2-3 weeks now. But I can't really see results since I keep having many breakouts, I don't know if it's caused by the zenmed's pills and if I should stop using them because they say on their site that we could see results if we give it some time, still others say that it's b.s. I don't really know what to do.

What do you think?

I don't trust anything by ZenMed, but maybe that's because of all the spam their company representatives post here that I moderate :P I am suspicious of these pills, though, and you might be best off not taking them. That said, it's normal to break out in your first few weeks on the regimen, since you aren't using enough BP to prevent new acne and your skin is adjusting to some rather harsh chemicals. I would make sure you are following the regimen properly, ditch the pills, and be patient!

Out of curiosity, have you been to a dermatologist? Maybe it's time to make an appointment, if you are able. If you already got the DKR, though, maybe stick it out for a a couple of months and if you don't get results, then see the derm.