Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I'm sure I'm as confused and overwhelmed as everyone else was or is out their who is

on a anti candida diet. So I have question about what I can and cannot eat because I am overwhelmed by everything that I can't and how pretty much their is nothing left.

So........

FRUIT: Is it okay to have one of each a day like one apple orange banana per day or is that still to much? Should I cut them all out for at least the first month?

How about granny smith apples: can I eat as many as I want of them?

CARBS: Where do I get them?

Can I have oats 4 breakfast and brown rice for dinner as long as I pre soak them the night before or should I cut them off completely as well and if so where else do I get my carbs?

TEA: Is it okay to drink with a lot of lemon/limes or can i do w/out them?

Any advice I would appreciate. New meal ideas are highly welcomed as well.

THNX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't think you should be eating grains at all if you want to quickly get rid of candida.

You can maybe go back to eating grains after you get rid of it, but until then I would say avoid them.

Coconut oil is really helpful with treating candida, as are probiotic foods. That's all I know about this though; I'm sure somebody else will be able to comment.

Diet: Alkalizing your diet.

Supplements:

-Probiotics (make sure its good, like its at least in the refrigerated section) L.Acidophilious is what you primarily want, although other strands are good too. I use a multiphilious which contains multiple types.

-Raw/Unrefined/Extra virgin coconut oil

I got both at Whole Foods Market, i dont know where you live though so just go to a health store, they should carry that stuff

Im currently just taking these 2 for my candida, bumps have gone away within a week, although ive had a pretty good overall diet that ive been sticking to for a few months already so that may explain why i saw improvements so quickly.

Im pretty much *trying* to do what rakbs suggested, not eating grains and having a fairly strict diet for 2-3 weeks (maybe more) to control the candida before you go back to your normal diet.

So I'm sure I'm as confused and overwhelmed as everyone else was or is out their who is

on a anti candida diet. So I have question about what I can and cannot eat because I am overwhelmed by everything that I can't and how pretty much their is nothing left.

Diet: Alkalizing your diet.

Supplements:

-Probiotics (make sure its good, like its at least in the refrigerated section) L.Acidophilious is what you primarily want, although other strands are good too. I use a multiphilious which contains multiple types.

-Raw/Unrefined/Extra virgin coconut oil

I got both at Whole Foods Market, i dont know where you live though so just go to a health store, they should carry that stuff

Im currently just taking these 2 for my candida, bumps have gone away within a week, although ive had a pretty good overall diet that ive been sticking to for a few months already so that may explain why i saw improvements so quickly.

Im pretty much *trying* to do what rakbs suggested, not eating grains and having a fairly strict diet for 2-3 weeks (maybe more) to control the candida before you go back to your normal diet.

Yes stay on the akaline side, as for how long, thats for you to decide, everyone is different.

The reason to go on a "candida diet" is to stop feeding the candida, so the supplements your taking whether they be probiotics and/or antifungals orally or topically, that you are killing it at a rate faster then its reproducing. You cant totally get rid of candida, its in everyone, its when it overgrows that it becomes a problem. Which leads to the next point which is why its ok to go back to your normal (but healthy) diet as your body has balanced out the good/bad bacteria in your body.

As for what i eat to fill me up, honestly i dont really fill up. Ive lost like 5-6 pounds these few weeks due to it (that and i exercise ALOT). it sucks because i was already skinny before and now im even more skinny.

In regards to love26's suggestion about garlic, a recent study showed that the acillin (sp?) is like a double edged blade for you...it helps and hurts you at the same time, YOu can find the thread somewhere in the holistic forums, its pretty recent. As for anti-fungals, if you take them, make sure to choose a few types and switch them every week. If you use the same antifungal too long, the fungus will become resistant to it and it will become useless. Which is also why you want a strict diet to get everything back in balance before your supplements become resistant.

So i think I've figure it out, let me know what you think.

BREAKFAST:

Cream of Rice Gluten-Free w/ berries

Boiled Eggs

Hot Lemon Water

Green T

LUNCH:

Chicken breast and Turkey salad w/

lettuce

spinach

raw carrots

celery

red onions

avocado

EVOO w/ pepper and raw egg as dressing

tomatoes

DINNER:

Chicken breast

turkey

boiled eggs

cooked veggies:

spinach

cauliflower

brocoli

bell pepper

celery

I'll add brown rice and beans after about a month.

Good or bad ?

Any new food ideas?

So i think I've figure it out, let me know what you think.

BREAKFAST:

Cream of Rice Gluten-Free w/ berries

Boiled Eggs

Hot Lemon Water

Green T

LUNCH:

Chicken breast and Turkey salad w/

lettuce

spinach

raw carrots

celery

red onions

avocado

EVOO w/ pepper and raw egg as dressing

tomatoes

DINNER:

Chicken breast

turkey

boiled eggs

cooked veggies:

spinach

cauliflower

brocoli

bell pepper

celery

I'll add brown rice and beans after about a month.

Good or bad ?

Any new food ideas?