Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xindel

Standard treatment for red marks really effective?

I read that the usual stuff for red marks is Hydroquinone, Tretinoin creams, Glycolic acid, Kojic Acid and Azelaic acid. And Hydroquinone is the most effective of them all. Should I go ahead and try it? Especially the one combined with one of those acids? I just have some red marks left that are fading but I wanna speed the process. Also will none of that stuff cause me to break out? I don't have acne anymore btw.

I find that it's not just one of those that fades the redmarks, but the combination of several. I'm using all of them and in two short weeks, my redmarks have faded by 70% with consistent use. Even my indented scars have improved. HQ does work for some people. But you have to use it for a minimum of 60 days, everyday. You also need to be using a high SPF sunscreen to protect your skin from photosensitivity. It can reverse the repair work you are trying to do. Perosna;;y, I'm staying out of the sun this summer. I know tans are supposed to be healthy looking, but between the lightening products and the Tazorac, I'm not risking it.

I find that my current routine is fading my skin very well. I have 16 years of acne behind me and the redmarks and scars leftover are bad. If I can see significan improvement with topical treatments, maybe there is hope.

Jesus, you are using all of those I mentioned?? That's gotta be pretty harsh!! But as for the sun, I hate it anyway, I get headaches walking in it I'm usually in the shade and I hate the beach lol especially after I got a heat stroke several years ago where I was just an inch of my life.

Or should I go ahead and try stuff like Aloe Vera or Jojoba oil which seems to be really popular in these forums for red marks and seem to work quite well.

in my personal opinion a combo of things do work better but my combo would be slightly different. Find an effective fade cream I use one with kojic acid, make sure you cure your active acne first then use the fade cream with a retinoid like Retin A it honestly speeds the process up so much. As in by that I mean in two week I noticed some of my marks had almost completely faded. Try pairing it up with a retinoid and see the results.

Btw jojoba oil is amazing however in my opinion does nothing against marks specifically.

I just started using azelex (azelaic acid) only 5 days ago and it does seem to be helping my marks a little already...i think it is only good for people with normal or dry skin though, if you have oily skin you might want to try the gel (finacea)

My acne been gone a long time but I just have some red marks and they have faded a lot but not completely so I want them gone. But I guess I'll go and try some hydroquinone (I read it's the most effective for PIH) for now and if that doesn't work something else like one of those acids.

What exactly is a fade cream? Is it meant to improve red marks, or what?

My red marks on my chest are relentless, and dark/deep. I need something to speed up the process of healing. I know time is the only true cure. I have retin-A, should I mix it with something?