Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiener_bur

Seriously, what to use for red marks??

I only have about 3-4 red marks on my face (I know I shouldn't be bitching) but they are kinda deep and I wanna get rid of them. I don't have acne anymore for a long time since I finished accutane.

I'm caucasian and my skintype is not thin or thick but regular and I only get some oil on my forehead and nose and a little throughout my face so my oil production is pretty normal. So What can I use to get rid of those marks I don't feel waiting like 4 months! I would prefer maybe something that's available everywhere like RiteAid, CVS etc. And also something that won't cause me to break out. I heard like Aloe Vera Gel or Apple Cide Vinegar but I dunno.

If you don't have acne any more, it's fine to use a light exfoliator. Look for a cream product with round exfoliating grains, not harsh bits of apricot stone or whatever. You want to exfoliate, not tear. Another effective method that many users of this site have found useful is the "baby brush method", search the forum for more information.

As well as using an exfoliator, it is important to moisturise your face after you wash it. What moisturiser you use very much depends on your skin, but I have found that very light moustirisers are best (not thick creams in tubs, but watery liquids in tubes or bottles). Make sure to get a moisturiser with an SPF of at least 15 - although 30 is preffered. This will protect your skin from sun damage, which can prolong the healing process.

Forgot to mention those marks aren't form zits but from a fight I had and they had deep scabs first and now red marks but they look like cysts were there.

And btw, don't just mention the ingridients but product names please. Thanks. And of course something that's available in a drug store.

I can't help you on specific product names, I live in the UK, and by the way you said "drug store" I'm guessing you're from USA.

I can't help you on specific product names, I live in the UK, and by the way you said "drug store" I'm guessing you're from USA.

Yea I live in the US but thanks mate :) I will go and check some of that stuff out.