Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itsnever4ever

there's no product out that that gets rid of deep blackheads

your clogged pores are severe like that than it'll take a while to get to a "semi clear state". but even if you do you'll still be more prone to blackheads than other people. you can only tell if the so call exfolients are working for you if you feel your skin is smoother by using your fingers to rub your skin and you don't feel anything grazing up against your fingertip(in other words dead cells) no matter how hard/deep you rub. it means that the exfolients have successfully exfoliated the dead skin inside your pore too(at least partly inside your pore). but unfortuneately, that's why there's no product out there that'll get rid of deep blackheads.

Will BHA make blackheads better ?

It helps many people. So does mandelic acid. I myself like glycolic acid. :)

The exfoliating agent you're using that has gycolic, salicylic, and beads may be sufficient exfoliation. If after a few weeks of use you don't see much improvement you could consider adding in a toner strength (10% of glycolic acid or 2% of salicylic acid) product that you apply half an hour after washing, and half an hour before the BP.

I LOVE the baby's hair brush method; it visibly cleans the pores for me!

I think it's important to distinguish between deep blackheads and actual pits on the nose. I've had persistent blackheads on my nose for over 10 years, and they've left grayish pits all over my nose that look like blackheads, but many aren't. I don't think you can get rid of those pits, since you can't shrink pore size, but deep blackheads on their own, probably.

that's why thousands of creams and gunk on your face won't help cuz all it does is obstructs the passage and causes oil to lubricate the pore on the inside making it even more difficult for the skin's natural exfoliation process. don't get me wrong, salicylic acid and other exfoliants help. but they don't get rid of them. each time you get a blackhead in your pore the chances gets higher that pore will shed dead skin faster resulting in a blackhead in that place again again. blackheads are caused when the skin sheds the dead cells much faster than normal, causing the dead cells to get trapped inside the pore causing a blackhead. that's why when you get acne the chances are always higher for you get it again in the future after you've cleared up. people are more susceptible to these during puberty years because oil glands are swollen creating excess oil which helps clog the pores even more. that's why there is no product that will get rid of deep blackheads, it's becuase of the rate your skin sheds dead skin cells inside the pore. it's your own skin causing all this. if there was a product that slowed down the rate of creating dead skin cells maybe that would help. but right now it is impossible

Topical retinoids normalize keratinization. They also force comedones out of the pores, over time.

Combining a mild exfoliant such as salicylic acid with a mild retinoid is actually quite an effective way of clearing your pores.

My face wash has MA and SA in it and it hasnt helped at all with my blackheads. I would say I have severe blackheads. They are very deep and my nose is very clogged. I hate it.

My face wash has MA and SA in it and it hasnt helped at all with my blackheads. I would say I have severe blackheads. They are very deep and my nose is very clogged. I hate it.

Accutane best thing, it will slowly prevent i from clogging further and just push the remaining out I had the same problem but slowly its getting better. I had blackheads that were so deep new layers of skin grew on top so physically the only way to get it outwas to pierce the skin first or otherwise wait centuries and waste precious time. In m opinion a low dose accutane (granted you dont suffer any major side effects) is the best decision you would make.

Accutane best thing, it will slowly prevent i from clogging further and just push the remaining out I had the same problem but slowly its getting better. I had blackheads that were so deep new layers of skin grew on top so physically the only way to get it outwas to pierce the skin first or otherwise wait centuries and waste precious time. In m opinion a low dose accutane (granted you dont suffer any major side effects) is the best decision you would make.

I agree, this is the only thing that has helped me, but hopefully I won't have to be on Tane much longer if this lives up to the hype.

Ive had great results with the Holy Grail product for blackheads Avon Anew Retextursing Peel which is the equivilent to a 35% glycolic treatment at the clinic. I also use Differin every other day which works in a similar way.

Basically for blackheads use a the baby brush method daily (method in my signature) and a glycolic acid product with no less than 10% glycolic acid. Both products speed up cell renewal, therefore sheds the skin faster than normal so your blackheads will come to the surface quicker and scarring will heal faster also.

This will not prevent your acne but will clear what acne and scarring you do have faster. For prevention you really need to find the cause, (mine being caused by insulin resistance) everything else is just a band aid. Accutane being the biggest and worst one of all.

For prevention you really need to find the cause, (mine being caused by insulin resistance) everything else is just a band aid. Accutane being the biggest and worst one of all.

Just because accutane may not have worked for you please dont discourage others form trying it, not everyone suffers its side effects and its proven to be the most effective treatment for nodular and comedonal acne.

For prevention you really need to find the cause, (mine being caused by insulin resistance) everything else is just a band aid. Accutane being the biggest and worst one of all.

Just because accutane may not have worked for you please dont discourage others form trying it, not everyone suffers its side effects and its proven to be the most effective treatment for nodular and comedonal acne.

Still there's no denying that its a gigantic band-aid.

I didnt say that it didnt?? Accutane did work for me ..........until i came off it???.......

and like the rest of us that come of it guess what happend??? :rolleyes:

You need to find the root cause of your acne, anything else you use is a band aid, accutane being the worst and most dangerous of all followed a close second by BCP.

try proactiv refining mask on your nose

leave on for 10 or overnight :)

wipe it away

hope it helps