Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoTanSuperman

The Accutane Chronicles Parts 1&2 (New Photos & A Video 3/5/2012)

I started my 1st Accutane course on January 6, 2008.

*Ended my course on June 10, 2008.

Here are my before pictures:

post-76275-1212511045_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1212511062_thumb.jpg

Here is a current pic I took May 2:

post-76275-1212511103_thumb.jpg

Although I wish I didn't I still get some ocasional breakouts. Definitely not as bad as before though. I have quite a bit of redness as you can see from the "after" pic, but I've always had that. I'm extremely grateful. To everyone starting accutane, it does get worse before it gets better. Stay consistent! I hope this gives all yall starting Accutane some hope!

post-76275-1212511045_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212511062_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212511103_thumb.jpg

Edited by NoTanSuperman

Is it my computer or you didn't upload them correct, I do not currently see any pictures.

Wow, what a difference!! I'm going to ask my derm for Accutane next week... I'm hoping he'll be understanding, as I've already gone through antibiotics and lasers. How many months are you going total?

Best of luck! I'm sure the occasional breakouts you're getting will begin to clear by the time you're finished with the course. There's definitely been great improvements since you've started.

Wow, what a difference!! I'm going to ask my derm for Accutane next week... I'm hoping he'll be understanding, as I've already gone through antibiotics and lasers. How many months are you going total?

I'm actually aiming for low-dose after reading loads of positive studies on its effects (I also have Rosacea and don't want to bug it with high doses). My acne isn't cystic, though... If yours is, then you could possibly up the dose to knock the last few bumps out. If it isn't cystic, then I think a few more months will take care of it. But yeah, I'd make sure the breakouts have stopped before going off Tane... just to make sure you get things as good as they can be. =] Best of luck!!

That's a huge difference. Great to see that your skin is improving. Good Luck.

Damn... that's a lot of improvements.

If my laser treatment doesn't work this summer, then I'll take those pills. Accutane, whatever they're called...

Well, today was a pretty crappy day. I woke up with an ABUNDANCE of dead skin on my face. In addition to that my forehead broke out in small places. I have 2 marks on my left cheek but I believe they're going away. Small little zit by my right jaw line. TO BE CONTINUED!

post-76275-1212511327_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212511327_thumb.jpg

Just as you think you're taking a step forward, you end up taking two steps back...... breakouts galore! I read somewhere on the internet that shaving everyday would cut down or irritation and whatnot. So..... I decided to shave everyday.

I got the exact opposite reaction! The lower half of my face was so damn ittitated. After about 4 days I started getting breakouts. Ouch! What killed me..... I took several precautions to make sure that I was properly moisturized. I was literally getting out of the shower halfway-through to shave. I applied plenty of moisturizer after I got done washing my face and all that jazz. What's up?

Enough of my b*tching though. Here are some pics from this morning (man was it early).

post-76275-1212512183_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1212512214_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1212512240_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212512183_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212512214_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212512240_thumb.jpg

That's a huge improvement compared the your pics before you started accutane. Congrats!

I wouldn't advise shaving daily, since it definitely irratates the skin (in my case at least) besides it doesn't feel like you're shaving anything if you do it every day. Why not try shaving every other day? oh and do you shave by using a razor? have you tried using a shaving machine instead? You should definitely experiment to see if shaving irratates your skin or not.

By the way, I'm not on accutane right now but if I were then I would grow a light beard and then just trim it every week since I wouldn't have to put so many goddamn topical medications on my face everyday. Shaving is such a pain in the ass, eh?

Important update: I switched from Pro-Activ to Dan's Regimen! I started yesterday.

A couple notes.

- I'm suprised how gentle it is

- No inital breakout from switching products...... well...... so far.

- I didn't feel the sting that a lot of people say they get when they start The Regimen

- I noticed that I can use a lot of BP (my face doesn't get any redder or irritated)

- My moisturizer bottle did leak and it smells like cinammon.... doesn't bother me though

A big thank you to Wolfmanfor advising me to shave every 2 days. Helped a lot.

So my face is doing pretty great. Only 1 active, small healings from my shaving oddsey, and a whole lot of redness. LOL! A little flakier than usual. No biggie though. Dan's BP must be doing this. I think I'll try using it every other day @ night. Here's my mug:

post-76275-1212511535_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1212511553_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1212511571_thumb.jpg

* I met up with an old friend that I hadn't seen in months. We went bowling, saw a movie, talked..... the whole nine yards. I guess she was in awe of all the small improvements I've been making. She really noticed that my skin had drastically changed. Eventually she brought it up and I told her what I've been up to. And everything went fine up until she said...... John, you were always a good looking guy. You just needed a little work. Okay..... a lot of work. Your hair was always in top form though. Wow! Thanks. Oh well!

post-76275-1212511535_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212511553_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212511571_thumb.jpg

And everything went fine up until she said...... John, you were always a good looking guy. You just needed a little work. Okay..... a lot of work. Your hair was always in top form though.

hey The-NoTanSuperman,

thanks for leaving a comment on my log!

hahaha, yeah it's getting really long and therefore, harder to style. so i just leave it as is =P. but it has definitely looked a lot better than my recent accutane pictures haha.

oh man, i cant believe i just tried to justify myself about my hair. what have i turned into hahaha

Such great improvement! Thanks for posting the continual progress pictures. They're motivational and give hope, y'know?

Thanks for the comment :)

You have made so much progress! I can't wait till my skin looks as good as yours!

I didn't want to jinx anything so I waited to say something until it either would happen or didn't happen (for at least 2 weeks). I hadn't had any new breakouts for the past 5 days until a very insignificant one popped up on my forehead today.

I'm positive that it came from scratching my forehead the other day. It just felt itchy for some reason. It'll be gone in a day or so i guess. Nevertheless..... still happy about the week. :D This may seem small, but hey......

*Thanks DeeDee. You'll get there I'm sure. Just stay consistent (I tell this to everyone).

Well I f*cked up! :(

I noticed that I had some very small zits on the rise..... so I took it upon myself to get rid of them. Big mistake I know. :naughty:

In the process I managed to mess up my face. There will definitely be some hyperpigmentation on my right cheek. That'll be nice to look at for the next 2 weeks. I managed to put some small marks on my forehead too. I have this wierd bump on the left side of my neck as well. Sometimes I think I have ocd (kidding). Enough said. Here's my mug:

post-76275-1212900364_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1212900377_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212900364_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1212900377_thumb.jpg

Noticed you had a zit near under your ear, do you attribute that to shaving? That is a spot where I get a zit at after shaving, I will definately take the advice on shaving every two days. I did it every day because I liked the clean look, but it does irritate my skin a bit and sometimes I get a zit or two on my jaw. What exactly do you use to shave? Do you use a single blade razor, or an electric one? What do you use for moisturizer after your done? You made great progress too.

Noticed you had a zit near under your ear, do you attribute that to shaving? That is a spot where I get a zit at after shaving, I will definately take the advice on shaving every two days. I did it every day because I liked the clean look, but it does irritate my skin a bit and sometimes I get a zit or two on my jaw. What exactly do you use to shave? Do you use a single blade razor, or an electric one? What do you use for moisturizer after your done? You made great progress too.

I just got the word from my derm that I'm done with Accutane!!! I have 3 more pills left so June 10 will be my last official day. I go back for a checkup in 2 months. I'm very grateful for everything. A big thanks to everyone on acne.org too. I'm so happy! No more dryness. I'll definitely make sure to put up some post accutane photos. :dance::clap::D;D

So far, so good. No major breakouts since my derm took me off the Tane. I think i would have benefited from staying on for another month or so. I feel like I'm about 90% clear. Regardless, I'm grateful. Anyone know when I'll stop having dry skin/lips? Thought I'd drop some photogs. Ignore the mark by left eye (your right). I got knocked out by 5 pounds of frozen french fries @ work!

post-76275-1213404187_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1213404202_thumb.jpg post-76275-1213404212_thumb.jpg

I'm due for a haircut. Thinking of going bald like Beckham (no not actually bald). LOL!

post-76275-1213404187_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1213404202_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1213404212_thumb.jpg