Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riomar

Sports+Protein Shake= Acne?

So this summer I really want to get back into shape and clear up my face.

So I want to get back into football but I'm scared that I will

just break out like crazy If I take protein shakes with whey powder.

Because If I work out all summer without the protein shakes i feel like i won't get the results i wanted, thus defeating my goal and purpose. Also, I wonder if football helmets

cause acne as well due to the irritation on the face. Does anyone know of a good protein shake that is not whey powder or soy based and works just as well?

Advice anyone?

I would really appreciate it!

It's not the whey that breaks you out. It's the sweating and rubbing of the helmet on your face.

Plus, aren't you supposed to get a job?

It's not the whey that breaks you out. It's the sweating and rubbing of the helmet on your face.

Plus, aren't you supposed to get a job?

Wasn't there another post of yours where it seemed like you didn't have a job?

on that post i had said that i had a min wage job not that i didn't have one.

BUT BESIDES that i would really like sum feedback about THIS post. :snooty:

it really depends, no evidence suggests whey is any worse then any other food, and to assume changes in hormone levels cause acne is a shakey assertion, considering hormone levels changes all the time without whey

what ever u do do not take cell tech thats how my acne started i had perfect skin before i took cell tech. 75 grams of sugar and 75 grams of carbs in one serving equals disaster.

anyways i stoped working out a year ago and my skin looks alot better. when i was working out id always have a few spots on my face but now its more like i will be completly clear for maybe a week or two and then i will break out a lil for a week or two.

btw i use to play football too, i was a all state linebacker in hs and i was starting my freshman year in college until i herniated two discs in my lower back.

what ever u do do not take cell tech thats how my acne started i had perfect skin before i took cell tech. 75 grams of sugar and 75 grams of carbs in one serving equals disaster.

anyways i stoped working out a year ago and my skin looks alot better. when i was working out id always have a few spots on my face but now its more like i will be completly clear for maybe a week or two and then i will break out a lil for a week or two.

btw i use to play football too, i was a all state linebacker in hs and i was starting my freshman year in college until i herniated two discs in my lower back.

so since u played football all that time and all did u have really bad breakouts?

Man wat do u think is it worth it to be in shape and play football on protein shakes with the risk of acne or working out on my own without supplements to better suite my face? or

do u think its possible to play with supplements and not breakout?

Tough one :think: .

So after u used cell tech did u use n e thing else or did u stop taking supplements all together?

I'm sorry i ask a lot o q's but i must no.

Well I played football all my life and my acne started the summer right before my senour year of hs. I started working out at 15 and was drinking protein shakes since day one of working out. Like I said before I had perfect skin until I took cell tech, I took it within two weeks of taking it broke out all over my face.. Me not ever having acne before I just completely ignored it and said to myself it will go away within a week and kept taking the cell tech. Well it took me about 3 months after getting off that shit to get the acne under control. Basicaly kept working out until I had a bad injury and during the whole time I was working out I had a few spots on my face.. After about 2 weeks of not touching a weight I noticed my skin was completely clear and ever since then I have a cycle I will be 100 clear for two weeks then id have a break out for a week or two. So basicaly imo I think if i had never played football I would of never got into weight lifting and I would of never got acne. Cause I dont think football caused me to break out but it was the weight lifting and the supps I was taking. And also the drastic weight change. I went from about 190-230 within one off season.

Btw there is no doubt in my mind if I would of never got hurt that I would still be playing. Not to brag but I had it I was 6'2 230 my senour year in hs and I was 6'2 225 my freshman year of college with about 9% body fat. I remeber I went to a combine before college and I ran the shuttle run in the low 4.3s the 40 in the low 4.7s, I hit 8'9 on the broad jump and I pumped out 18 reps on the 225 bench test.

If u think ur good go for it and make sure take care of ur body. Btw if u want any training tips let me no I will be happy to help.

btw u do not need supplements. protein shakes r for people who cant get the amount of protein they need through food so they drink the shakes. if u just eat enough u dont need any supplements.

Milo (which is like Nesquik) shakes ruined my chin/jawline. It was the copious amounts of milk!!!!

Play sport but give the shakes a miss!!

i now that a few people do get acne from bbing, the cause is unknown really

Dan says:

There is no research on this topic, but I have a theory. First of all, no, I don't think lifting weights makes you break out. In fact, exercise keeps the body in top shape and helps the mind deal with stress. I think the benefits of weight training far outweigh the risks. I weight train a couple of times a week and am able to stay clear. However, if someone goes on a weight gaining diet along with their weight training, and he/she suddenly adds excess calories to his/her diet, the excess caloric intake can increase testosterone levels in the body. Theoretically increased testosterone levels can aggravate acne. So if you find yourself breaking out during or after a "bulking" cycle, this may be the cause.

So wat do u think? Is he right?

You can have fine results without taking whey protein, Mars Bars. It just takes a little longer without the convenience of protein shakes.

it really depends, it seems to happen only to an extreme minority of people, there are so many variables involved

eat your damn protein and lift i do that and i don't get any bad acne.....oh and if your gonna use creatine just use regular old creatine monohydrate (i like prolabs creapure)

eat your damn protein and lift i do that and i don't get any bad acne.....oh and if your gonna use creatine just use regular old creatine monohydrate (i like prolabs creapure)

but u still get acne right? and by "eat your protein" you mean naturally?