Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sop1

differin and......... sunshine

Hi,

I ve been on differin for about 6 weeks now. I Live in london, England - and am not used to the sun. ;-)

anyway our summer is finally coming after a very dark cold and wet winter, and i'm getting nervous about my daily routine which has been working well up to now.

here it is:

am - wash with gentle cleanser and moisturize with non-com. spf 15 oil free product

eve - wash same as abouve and diff. 0.3

here are my questions -

should i avoid getting sun on my face?

can i / should i incrase my sun block - if yes - what factor? any good non -com brands of sun block people can recommend? - i dont want to break out as am doing so well

if i do increase my block can i get my face in the sun?

can i get a tan at all?

or do i need to be like this ---> :ninja:

I am on differin and my face got burned on monday by being in the sun for about 20 minutes in total but this was in two 10 minute blocks spread a good few hours apart. i have learnt my lesson just as i did last summer and now i don't stay in the sun for more than a few minutes unless I have my sun kit on! I wear a sun hat with a large rim to shade my face and use factor 30 sunforgettable mineral sun screen by colorscience which seems to be quite good. It is a powder so doesn't block pores and doesn't leave a greasy residue =)

I am on differin and my face got burned on monday by being in the sun for about 20 minutes in total but this was in two 10 minute blocks spread a good few hours apart.

!!!! that was quick!!!!!

its really hard to get mineral/powder sun block i the uk. I'm not aware of a single brand here yet, ... were are only just starting to get adverts for bare minerals...

thanks for the recommendation though.

does anyone else have advice on brands or general advice?

I've been on differin for 3 months now, its been working great. But i myself try to stay out of the sun but if i have to be in the sun i try to make it fast. because differin leaves your skin sensative to the sun. I do have a sun block that i use but im not at my house so idk whats its called but its for faces and it works well. When i go home ill tell you what its called.

anywho i would/i do stay out of the sun.

I was on Differin for 7 weeks before switching to to Tazorac and both make me burn very easitly. I upped my sunblock to Clinique City Block sheer in spf 40 and wear mineral powder over my Spf 15 makeup for added protection. You can still get burned. It's worth it though. the sun is also just bad for your skin and can make acne marks worse . So yes, wear the highest SPF your skin can tolerate. I went without anything on my face last week and in about 20 minutes started feeling a burning sensation on my face. So you can get burned very fast.