Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok ive just started using differin 0.1% ....

15 ... non inflammatory acne ... LOADS of annoying whiteheads on chin and forehead ....

ive read loads of the topics posted about differin and people seemed to be saying that the 0.1 isnt strong enough and didnt do anything ... is this true?

also ... i only have whiteheads on chin and forehead .. wondering .. do i only put it on these places?

will it make my whole face red? will i have different coloured skin and horrible marks?

im pretty scared to keep on going cause i really dont want to end up permanantly red and scarred :(

PLEEEASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE HELP ... i really need it :( x

I would give it alteast 6 weeks before moving onto something else. I was using differin 3% and this is not even strong enough for me. Only effective retinoid for me has been RAM 1%

I would give it alteast 6 weeks before moving onto something else. I was using differin 3% and this is not even strong enough for me. Only effective retinoid for me has been RAM 1%

Differin .1 has done amazing things for my skin. So, keep with it. It's plenty strong it just takes time...seven weeks for me to see good results.

Yes, it got rid of whiteheads, blackheads, those little skin colored bumps. also is helping with my red marks.

I have sensitive skin and most acne medications irritate me. However, Differin is the opposite -- It's very gentile on my skin. So I wouldn't worry about it, I've experienced no adverse effects. Also, it can take several months for Differin to start working; It didn't work at it's best for me until around 5 months in! So be patient.

i'm on the .1% too; my skin dries out really easily and this definitely doesn't dry me out so i guess that is a plus. i've only been on it for 2 weeks so i'm not sure if it is strong enough but i think i'm starting to get an initial breakout so maybe it's starting to work? I started using clindamycin in the morning too (which is again, not drying! although I think my skin is getting oily for the first time in years) since duac was far to drying to apply in the day time but I'm not sure how my skin will handle this combination yet. I'm not sure if .1% is strong enough, though I usually don't fair well with very strong things so I think it's better this way. so it probably depends on your skin type. my acne is moderate but persistent and all over, although i'm starting to get more cysts around the chin. i mostly have small little bumps or under-the-skin acne. maybe severe acne would need the .3%?