last year I moved to Texas with my dad.

When I lived with my mom I was practically homeless half

the time with no way of leading a healthy lifestyle and being able to

clear my face. So when I moved with my dad I stopped working

because i just wanted to live a normal life as a teenager

and to take some time to clear my face. Before moving to Texas

I had saved up a thousand dollars to clear my face up that summer

and got robbed by Proactive and dermatologist visits. When my

acne didn't clear that summer and with all my savings used i became hopeless and depressed.

So when school came back around I obviously kept breaking out and so i ditched

half my classes. Turns out in tx they send u 2 court 4 truancy and my dad and i got fined a

$500 fine each. And now i jst feel so guilty because he has to pay for my mistakes.

so now i'm working a part time job that pays min. $5.85 and i can't even use that money to pay our debts because i'm saving for my treatments. I mean my dad gave me everything

when i moved out here:

car

own room

groceries

new laptop

cell phone

and because of acne i can't do anything to pay him back.

I just gave him $40 to get our phones re-connected.

Is it my fault for letting acne get to me so much?

Am i being greedy?

Or is this the only way?

i feel soo bad.

So with my most desperate attempt to clear my acne and start a new life,

last year I moved to Texas with my dad.

When I lived with my mom I was practically homeless half

the time with no way of leading a healthy lifestyle and being able to

clear my face. So when I moved with my dad I stopped working

because i just wanted to live a normal life as a teenager

and to take some time to clear my face. Before moving to Texas

I had saved up a thousand dollars to clear my face up that summer

and got robbed by Proactive and dermatologist visits. When my

acne didn't clear that summer and with all my savings used i became hopeless and depressed.

So when school came back around I obviously kept breaking out and so i ditched

half my classes. Turns out in tx they send u 2 court 4 truancy and my dad and i got fined a

$500 fine each. And now i jst feel so guilty because he has to pay for my mistakes.

so now i'm working a part time job that pays min. $5.85 and i can't even use that money to pay our debts because i'm saving for my treatments. I mean my dad gave me everything

when i moved out here:

car

own room

groceries

new laptop

cell phone

and because of acne i can't do anything to pay him back.

I just gave him $40 to get our phones re-connected.

Is it my fault for letting acne get to me so much?

Am i being greedy?

Or is this the only way?

i feel soo bad.

can u start working again? that way u can help your dad out and maybe help pay for stuff like groceries, phone bill, derm visits and medication. i don't think ur being greedy. i think it's cuz ur unmotivated cuz of ur acne. if u get a job i guarantee that will alleviate a lot of your problems cuz it seems to me that money is your core issue.

in california here minimum wage is $8 and in san francisco it's up to $9.36

If there is no way you can help your dad with money, then make up for it by helping him around the house, going grocery shopping, etc :) I'm sure he would appreciate that!

You should feel bad...it is both your faults though. You for spending all that money and him for also not budgeting the money if he really is broke as you say.

What I can tell you is to forget about derm visits or anything unless you get insurance, don't do that "acne makes me ditch class" bullshit, and get jobs. More than one if you need to. Move furniture or something. I used to do that and I made $500-$600 a week.

Obviously none of you no wat it's like 2 live in a bordertown in a tight economy with high

inflation. But sum how imma make it work some how but i will.

Obviously none of you no wat it's like 2 live in a bordertown in a tight economy with high

King, stop making it look like he is at guilty for being poorer than others, or having made a mistake. No body is perfect. We all are human, we all make mistakes. And i am sure you do to.

Anyways Mars,

you are not at fault.

Acne products steal thousands from everyone who buys them all over the world. Derms are way over priced, and your not the only one who has not gone to class because of acne.

But i dont think that missing class if going to help your acne. Tust me, i feel like taking a paper bag and putting it over my head everyday so nobody has to see my acne.

School is important, and if you want to be successful in life you have to attend. Theres a reason they make that policy for kids who dont attend school, and parents who dont make them go. Just learn from this mistake, and keep on with your life. At least you got a job and are trying your best to help your dad. Things will even out, and your acne will clear. Just keep your chin up, go to school, keep your job if you want to even after paying off the fine, things will get better.

Don't feel bad at all that is what parents are for (to take care of their children) do not miss school because of your acne , in the future you will regret it. Go to school and get a good education so later in life you can get a good paying job and take care of your father like he takes care of you now. Try to find a higher paying job and save as much as you can. Help out around the house, any help not just financially I am sure your dad would appreciate. Minimum wage varies all over the US people, has anyone ever heard of the cost of living? Yeah that varies from city to city as well.

It's called America. A hicktown in Texas isn't the only place going through this problem.

King, stop making it look like he is at guilty for being poorer than others, or having made a mistake. No body is perfect. We all are human, we all make mistakes. And i am sure you do to.

Anyways Mars,

you are not at fault.

Acne products steal thousands from everyone who buys them all over the world. Derms are way over priced, and your not the only one who has not gone to class because of acne.

But i dont think that missing class if going to help your acne. Tust me, i feel like taking a paper bag and putting it over my head everyday so nobody has to see my acne.

School is important, and if you want to be successful in life you have to attend. Theres a reason they make that policy for kids who dont attend school, and parents who dont make them go. Just learn from this mistake, and keep on with your life. At least you got a job and are trying your best to help your dad. Things will even out, and your acne will clear. Just keep your chin up, go to school, keep your job if you want to even after paying off the fine, things will get better.

You don't need to live a healthy lifestyle to get rid of your acne, think about all the overweight, homeless, people that live in 3rd world countries, that is a harmful and misleading misconception. Medication is the only treatment.

But if you feel guilty yes get a job, or even just do all the house work for him.

Prznking is right (I hate to say that).

No one made you spend all that money. If you really are that poor, how come your dad bought you a car, laptop and a cellphone? I'm sorry. THAT IS NOT POOR. If you cannot afford these things, then you shouldn't have them.

It sounds harsh but you need to take responsibility for your actions and accept your mistakes and correct the situation. Acne did not make you buy all these gadgets and spend all this money on Proactive. YOU did. Learn from your mistakes.

Look around the country right now. People have done the same thing. They bought houses, cars and gizmos they cannot afford and now they are being put into bankruptcy and are becoming homeless at alarming rates. No one made them take that loan or buy that SUV, but they sure are the ones that are going to pay, perhaps for the rest of their lives.

I understand that the general feelings of many posters here is the "THat's okay, it's not your fault. Acne and the acne companies are to blame". That will only makes things worse if you try to shirk responsibility for your actions and refuse to learn from your mistakes. I've done similar things like you did...NEver AGAIN. Learn now and correct your life as best you can.

you should have gotten a psychiatrist to certify that you missed school due to mental/emotional reasons, not truancy. no fine