Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Got2BStrong14

has anyone got a chicken pox / pock scar needled

Im curious if anyone has gotten a chicken pock scar needled. I have a large one since age 6, and I know excision is the only way to really change it, but I'm afraid of the scar it would produce. When I was young, it wasnt noticeable because it was hardly indented but it has become more indented as I've gotten older. I would be interested in just making it look less noticeable. Anyone done this?

Im curious if anyone has gotten a chicken pock scar needled. I have a large one since age 6, and I know excision is the only way to really change it, but I'm afraid of the scar it would produce. When I was young, it wasnt noticeable because it was hardly indented but it has become more indented as I've gotten older. I would be interested in just making it look less noticeable. Anyone done this?

hey how are you doing?

I know exactly what you mean, i've got a chicken pox scar that seems to be getting bigger as well...

i was just wondering, have you tried any other treatments on it? I recently started a course of microdermbrasion treatments on mine, so will have to see how it turns out..

Spot, microdermabrasion won't do crap for chicken pox scars or any indented scars for that matter, I would waste my money on something else.

I have one big ugly chicken pox scar right in the middle of my forehead, about the size of pencil eraser.

I needled this a few times before, though I used needles used for permanent makeup and these aren't very effective because of their design. I did see some improvemet though.

I now have a dermaroller though I haven't used it on this scar yet 'cause I don't have a numbing cream and it's rather uncomfortable when used on the forehead. I'll get some numbing cream and see how well it works.

BTW, I thought subscision was more adequate than excision.

yeah in the past i did like dozens of microderms and smoothbeam for my overall skin and the chicken pock scar was not affected at all. well if subcision is supposed to help, that is similar to needling, right? I think i'm going to try to get either subcison or needling done this summer on this scar and 2 others and see if it softens them....