Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j-ri

Derm is confusing

I'm almost done with my first month of accutane I'm a female and I have a question. Why does my derm want to see me every five weeks? If the medication only last 4 weeks(cause you get only a month's worth of accutane at a time) I will be off the tane for a week before starting up again. I don't know if it has anything to do with being female and the derm wanting you to have your cycle. I dunno I'm confused and just wondered if anyone else went through the same thing.

I'm almost done with my first month of accutane I'm a female and I have a question. Why does my derm want to see me every five weeks? If the medication only last 4 weeks(cause you get only a month's worth of accutane at a time) I will be off the tane for a week before starting up again. I don't know if it has anything to do with being female and the derm wanting you to have your cycle. I dunno I'm confused and just wondered if anyone else went through the same thing.

My derm told me to schedule my appointment to be 3-4 business days before my last pill. That gives enough time to get the results from your bloodwork before he prescribes the next months batch of pills.

Congrats on finishing your first 30 days by the way.

my derm told me that ipledge will not allow them to prescribe more accutane in less than 32 days. so, i'll always go without for a few days. i was told it doesn't affect anything though; she actually told me it stays in your system for 52 days... not sure how she came up with that.

That sounds weird and not right. My derms receptonist tried twice to scheduale me when I was out for three days or so. I finally spoke up and said no, I want to be here the day before my pills run out. Never had a problem since. The ladys up front dont know and you have to have an exact date to tell them you wont go pass. There has been no problem with I pledge getting it once a month. Just speak up!!!