Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I searched other threads on this but I have some more questions.

Most people said subway is okay, except the bread isn't too great for acne and mcDonalds salads are okay and chinese food if you get it without noodles, rice and sweet and sour sauce is okay but that isn't a whole lot of options...

What about Panera if I just get vegetable or black bean soup? I know their bread is really bad for you. If I get taco's somewhere without cheese or sour cream on corn tortillas instead of flour would that be okay? Are the beans on the tacos bad (I'm vegetarian and can't get meat..)? Portillos has a really good veggie sandwich, but again it's made with bread.

I need more places that I can pick something up really quick at. Yesterday I cheated and ate half of a cheesy bean and rice burrito from taco bell..

i know everyone talks about diet and how food can aggrovate your acne but to be honest i cant see that one mcdonalds, or a chocolate bar or KFC or anything is going to do anything to your skin. I agree that if you ate fast food every day and drank coke all the time it wouldnt do you any good but I dont see how eating things in moderation can really do anything to your acne? I have never noticed food affect my skin, I do eat a lot healthier now that my acne is fairly bad but cutting out loads of foods and alcohol hasnt improved my skin at all. So I eat a few nice things every now and then. I figure there's no point worrying about food when it isnt making any difference to the appearance of my skin, I'd rather eat something I like every now and then than let my skin dictate what I eat forever!

Anyway thats my opinion, obviously lots of people are 100% serious on how theyre eating and buying vitamins and supplements and all that, but my parents had acne, my sister has it, mine is genetic, not a result of poor eating.

I have never noticed food affect my skin, I do eat a lot healthier now that my acne is fairly bad but cutting out loads of foods and alcohol hasnt improved my skin at all.

Show me your diet and I bet I can give you some major pointers. No, I'm not saying diet causes acne for everybody, but your diet probably isn't as healthy as you might think.

So I eat a few nice things every now and then.

If something is "nice" it probably shouldn't be unhealthy for you. I think you're looking for the word "tasty."

I'd rather eat something I like every now and then than let my skin dictate what I eat forever!

You'd be surprised how much good food options there are for even the strictest diet.

Anyway thats my opinion, obviously lots of people are 100% serious on how theyre eating and buying vitamins and supplements and all that, but my parents had acne, my sister has it, mine is genetic, not a result of poor eating.

I'd say what is genetic is not your acne, but your body type and how you react to certain types of foods.

I have never noticed food affect my skin, I do eat a lot healthier now that my acne is fairly bad but cutting out loads of foods and alcohol hasnt improved my skin at all.

Show me your diet and I bet I can give you some major pointers. No, I'm not saying diet causes acne for everybody, but your diet probably isn't as healthy as you might think.

So I eat a few nice things every now and then.

If something is "nice" it probably shouldn't be unhealthy for you. I think you're looking for the word "tasty."

I'd rather eat something I like every now and then than let my skin dictate what I eat forever!

You'd be surprised how much good food options there are for even the strictest diet.

Hi there, your comments are fair, but surely the fact that there is a family history of acne does not suggest anything about me being affected by food? since i first got acne about 5 years ago, i made no changes to my diet at all. i ate a variety of foods but did not have to watch what i ate. i ate sweets, crisps, cakes etc not every day but i didnt think "oh no i cant have that". i ate whatever my mum cooked for me.

now i am at uni and cooking for myself. i eat fruit and fibre for breakfast. usually a sandwich or beans on toast or soup for lunch. dinner i have pasta/lasagne/chicken/spaghetti/fish/pies and stuff like that most of the time and every now and then sausages/fish fingers etc. i eat mash potato, jacket potatoes, sometimes roast potatoes or wedges or something. i have veg with everything. now i know thats not the healthiest diet, but compared to a lot of my friends here eating pizzas every day, pot noodles, tonnes of crisps and sweets and desserts, chips all the time, i think its a better effort than them!

i also only drink water, sometimes squash cos i cant stand the taste of water all the time! ive cut alcohol since october and that hasnt really affected anything. since then ive had a couple of pints, and they havnt visibly done anything to my skin. so just from my experience my skin was better last year when i did eat more chips/pizza/crisps and drank lots of lager. its only in the period between the doctor taking me off of antibiotics and then putting me back on them 2 months later that my face erupted like never before! im completely paranoid about this whole food thing now, even though it never affected me before.

thanks for your replies though, im not trying to be argumentative, just saying that i cant see the effects myself! thanks