Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hello5

IB, is it guaranteed?

I have read some conflicting stuff regrding IBs while taking roaccutane. I have read that only 1 in 5 people actually get an IB, while my accutane patient information leaflet says that a mild acne flare is a rareside effect. But my derm told me that I will flare up for a month or two before I see any improvement :doh: I'm only on 30mg.

Anyone able to shed any light on the matter....

I have read some conflicting stuff regrding IBs while taking roaccutane. I have read that only 1 in 5 people actually get an IB, while my accutane patient information leaflet says that a mild acne flare is a rareside effect. But my derm told me that I will flare up for a month or two before I see any improvement :doh: I'm only on 30mg.

Anyone able to shed any light on the matter....

Thanks for the reply. Are you susceptible to an IB when your dose is increased? My derm will probably increase the dose next month. :shifty:

Thanks for the reply. Are you susceptible to an IB when your dose is increased? My derm will probably increase the dose next month. :shifty:

I've been on Claravis (generic Accutane) for just about 4 months, starting off the first month at 20 mgs. and moving up to 40 mgs. every day since.

I read all about the IB's everyone here seemed to experience, but I can tell you my experience: my acne got NO worse; I was already at a crappy point with my complexion, hence my decision to go on Accutane! My face got a tad more oily, and the cysts that I'd already had persisted - and new cysts came up every morning, just like they'd already been doing before the Accutane.

I think I got pretty lucky - I was waiting for things to get HORRIBLE - but they really never did. Thank goodness! I just experienced my skin behaving the same 'ol way it had before Accutane - to the point where I'd ask my husband, "do you think it's doing anything?" :)

Well, I can tell you - it has! I'm finishing up month 4 and my skin is dry, with NO NEW CYSTS, since about the half of month 2 or so..... Yes, there are the dry eyes, dry lips, and dry skin - but I can take it. It's SO worth it - I just wish I'd done it sooner.

Don't get freaked out by other's stories; just try it out and see - - you may be one of the lucky folks who DON'T get a horrible IB..... Good luck! Patti

your skin is mostly going to be in chaos for 6+ months...what's important is the end result. i'm breaking out pretty bad @ almost 6 months...

i have having the same experience. since starting my acne really hasn't gotten much worse or better. i really think in a lot of cases people start to get anxious and over analyze. its important to just chill, eat healty, and drink lots o H2O!

I started on 30mg and had no IB (initial breakout) and started 50mg month 2 with a VERY mild breakout. Basically this stuff has been miraculous for me, I still get new spots on my back but no where near as many and the million tiny spots that I had in between the bad ones have more or less gone. I just really hope it lasts! Oh and that the scars fade