Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

it hit me today whilst walking around campus how much this acne has affected my life at uni. i realised that i dont enjoy uni any more, at all. was revising in the library today but was conscious of my face the whole time, and sure enough when i got home a minute ago there were new pimples that had come up this morning that werent there when i left home earlier! my friends asked me if i wanted to go for a pizza with them at lunch, but i couldnt cos i would feel guilty eating something like that as ive become obssessed about what i eat now. i had to come home to check on my skin before going out again this afternoon, its just controlling my life. mates are going down the pub later on after a day of revision for a pint. last year it used to be a great end to the day, sitting out in the beer garden. but i feel like i cant join in anymore as i cant drink. nights out arent fun any more, i dont have the confidence to enjoy myself without alcohol any more.

after exams im going back home to start roaccutane (which is going to ruin my summer completely), but got summer ball a few weeks later. was great last year but not looking forward to it at all this time round - no alcohol, no confidence, 10 hours without washing my face, looking terrible in the photos. im considering selling my ticket as i will have only been on roaccutane for about 10 days, so am expecting my skin to look terrible :( i just wish it was last year again!

Its crap, I know what your feeling.

What I said to myself was: Theres nothing I can do about it but seek out medication and hide until that works. Maybe hide isnt the right word but take this summer and heal, accutane probably will work for you and you will be back in the game next year. Your taking steps towards a better year next year and although this may sound bleak, prepare yourself for it and enjoy that one. By all means try your best to enjoy yourself this year and go to the ball, you will only regret it if you dont. For me that seemed more realistic than going out with acne and shit every week and getting depressed because I couldnt enjoy myself.

Yeah had the same problem, my final year of uni is over and I regret not having more fun!

I too focused on my skin and missed so many cool nights out.

Trust me acne is not worth loosing a good uni life over...i really regret the nights and social events I missed. I know its damm hard but you gotta just say fuck it my skin may not be great but I am at uni and im gonna have fun. I know the times I did be social with mates it was great I forgot about my skin and just had a good time, people dont really care how you look, especially your mates.

Just ask about deferring roaccutane for 10 days so you can drink and have fun at the summer ball. Also your story sounds like me last year, sometimes you have to have fun to forget your worries. The pizza thing is so true, I was having pizza a while back and feeling a bit bad then the girls come in and are like "ugh, I can't eat pizza cos I get spots". Ruined my night.

I know how you feel too. I have nearly finished my first year of uni. Acne has made me become so shy that I have only made a few close friends at uni. I would love to be able to talk to anyone without feeling embarrassed about my skin. Instead, I avoid talking in classes just so no one will look at me and I avoid nights out because I think that I won't look nice going to a bar/club. Everyone talks about uni being the best time of your life but for me it's no better than school, which was awful for me. Hopefully, when we start looking for jobs after uni, we won't have acne so we can be super confident in our interviews. :D Personally, I'd rather have acne through uni and have clear skin when I go out into the big, wide world to find a job.

Almost done with my first year of Uni too. Just started Accutane and I have my hopes up high for it that it will be the final remedy to 'solve' this problem for me (even temporarily). Acne has made me shy and unconfident, extremely unconfident. I steer away from bright lights, I don't like to walk into cosmetic stores cause they all have bright lights and the ignorant sales come up and ask me "do you wash for face?" or "what do you wash your face with?". Talking to girls is troublesome cause I don't have the confidence to look anyone in the eyes and talk. I shy away from cameras and mirrors and dare not look at photos of myself. It sucks but I've learnt to live with it and I still enjoy my life. I still go out and have fun; I just don't think it's worth to give up fun for acne, or more importantly my life. I have however missed/given up chances for romance cause of fucking acne. Fuck acne. Just don't live tomorrow the way you would live yesterday, go out and have fun and maybe we'll have this curse off us in the future and something good may happen.

Youlll find that the majority of people dont even care. Its just you being a superficial prick. Stop wasting your life and stop worrying about acne. People unlike you dont befriend people based on thier looks. Its all personality and dont allow acne to affect that.

Youlll find that the majority of people dont even care. Its just you being a superficial prick. Stop wasting your life and stop worrying about acne. People unlike you dont befriend people based on thier looks. Its all personality and dont allow acne to affect that.

Kimothy, don't be harsh to people here. Anyway, why don't u try running 5km every two days ? Exercise can bring positive energy to u and to others too. I would pity u, because I was like u, but I managed to motivate myself to prove to myself that I can overcome this problem like how I deal with many problems with Life before. I am currently running about 5km every other day alone. Don't care about all ppl. The key is MOTIVATION.

I'm in my 2nd year and i can relate. I completely messed up my first year, not taking one of my exams because I was down and in a fuck-it-all mood. The second year is going great so far, altough i haven't made any friends at uni, not even at the dormitory i live in. Being honest, i feel better that way right now. My acne is pretty much healed but the effects have pretty much fucked my appeareance and i can feel that people stare, but well, i try not to care and mind my own business.