Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustinG

The Regimen + Anitbiotics?

Do you guys think it's a good idea for me to start using the Acne.org products plus Anitbiotics? My mom is gonna make me an appointment tomorrow so I can start back on Antibiotics again. I used it last year for about a month or so, Tetricylin (?) but I stopped using it so I'm assuming that's why it didn't work on me. After reading some of the reviews on here about the Acne.org products, I really wanna give it a try. I don't know if me being on Antibiotics will make things worse for me when I use these products. Thanks everyone.

I am on a modified version of the regimen(see my blog) but also on antibiotics. I am on minicyline and spironolacton and use the acne.org repair BP lotion. I haven't noticed any increased sensitivity or problems while using both. I'd go for it!

There is no issue with this except, keep in mind that antibiotics might make your skin go a bit crazy for a bit before you clear up. So don't think the Regimen isn't working at first if you are still breaking out. You may find that the Regimen is all you need. Why don't you give the Regimen a try without antibiotics first? If, after a few months, you still have a bit of acne, then go for it. I used to be on antibiotics (when i first started the Regimen) but i weaned myself off them and stayed completely clear! So I recommend trying it without antibiotics first, but if you must, then you should have no issues doing both at the same time.

So my appt. with my doctor is tomorow afternoon and after reading some of the reviews of people using antibiotics, I'm really having second thoughts about it now. Kinda freaking out actually. It seems like the antibiotics will work for a little while but when you stop using it, your acne comes back, even worse then it was before most of the times. And this is something I don't want happening. My acne is bad as it is, and to have this happen, will just crush me.

I'm thinking of just sticking with the Acne.org products which I just ordered a couple of days ago so I'm hoping that it'll be here as soon as possible, and start taking Fish oil pills. It's natural, it looks like it gets good reviews from some people, not only helps acne but your whole body, and after reading about the whole antibiotic "cure" can I get a NOOOOO WAY! So I'm still gonna go to my appt. tomorrow and I'm gonna see what she says, but definately not gonna take any antibiotics.

So for people who've taken antibiotics, do you regret it? i did it last year for a month only, wasn't enough to see any results, so I can't say if it worked or not on me.

I'm just so frustrated with my face, I just don't wanna be seen or anything. I envy my friends' face and there's NOTHING! I've tried so many things, Mario Badescu products, Stridex, Oxy, Clinqiue for men, Differin and nothing seems to work. So I'm hoping and praying the regimen will be my life saver. I'm having good feelings about it but I don't wanna get myself excited.

Man....life with acne totally sucks. :wall: