Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10756571

^^I found a study conducted in 2000 that cod liver oil applied topically to hairless mice contributed to faster wound healing. I know a lot of us have issues with red marks that some would like to take care of without the use of chemicals, so I am wondering what people think of using cod liver oil?

Perhaps not for use on the entire face, but on individual portions, it could be helpful? It seems that the vitamin A as well as the fat content is what's most healing...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10756571

^^I found a study conducted in 2000 that cod liver oil applied topically to hairless mice contributed to faster wound healing. I know a lot of us have issues with red marks that some would like to take care of without the use of chemicals, so I am wondering what people think of using cod liver oil?

Perhaps not for use on the entire face, but on individual portions, it could be helpful? It seems that the vitamin A as well as the fat content is what's most healing...

I tried it inconsistantly a couple time so I can't say if it would work long term or not. I would definitely suggest trying it and like you said only spot treat. Since it is highly prone to oxidation and rancidity it may create an oxidant load where applied and cause acne so start off slow and watch the results carefully....

I've done this a couple times, as I saw in a couple studies that fish oil cleared up people's psoriasis.

I didn't really see any results, to be honest. But it didn't hurt, either.

If you try it, just make sure you clean it off very well or else you'll smell like the liver of a cod for a long time.