Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

Important ? on Food Intolerances and ACNE!

if you get tested for wheat and gluten intolerance and you come up as being ok to have it does that mean you can have 100% whole weat bread and healthy gluten products and wont break out?... Someone please answer..llol

There are different methods used to test for food intolerances and none of them can give you guaranteed results. I've read about people having tests done for celiac disease and their results came up negative, but they definately get symptoms when they eat wheat. Sometimes an elimination diet is the best course of action.

While still consuming my pizzas, pastas and hamburgers I got tested for Celiac disease.

Results...

I have halfthe amount needed for a dx of one of the antibodies for celiac disease....so it came out negative.

Apparently, we carry antibodies to all foreign objects and yet...if you are properly digesting your foods...you really shouldn't have antibodies to it.

That being said, right after I was tested (didn't knw the results) proceeded on a Gluten Free diet. I must admit, I was slightly disappointed when my doctor told me that I wasn't a Celiac (would have been such an "easy" answer) but I still stayed on my diet because I was seeing results and even HE commented on how nice my skin looked!!!

Indeed, the gold standard is to check for damage to your intestinal mucousal lining if you want to see if you are Gluten Intolerant. Although, other's will say the Gold Standard is to Eliminate it and see what happens.

Then again, there's still the possibility that perhaps there are people that are very mildly Gluten Intolerant...what could possibly develop as a result....Type I diabetes, ADHD, Autism, Cardiovasculat Disease....maybe others

Ever heard of Eat Right 4 Your Type? Well I'm a minority (stirke 1), Type 2 Diabetes runs in my dad's side fo the family (strike 2), I was born premature (strike 3) and I have Type O Blood (strike 4) ....Daddy has Type B Blood (another strike for him)

What's my point, the above are all risk factors for developing Insulin Resistance and/or becoming a Diabetic (Non-insulin dependent) and the author of the book, D'Adamo said that Gluten & certain Lectin proteins were the cause of this development.

Problem Foods: Is it an Allergy or Intolerance?

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/heal...asp?index=10009 (agree with most of this...although even Intolerances involve the immune system).

If you are intolerant to gluten, you would know by now, I think. Intolerance means your body can't tolerate it, I would assume. (diarehha/vomiting) etc? Just a guess.

I think you mean sensitivity instead?

I'm not really sure, listen to everyone else because they know tons more about it than I

If you are intolerant to gluten, you would know by now, I think. Intolerance means your body can't tolerate it, I would assume. (diarehha/vomiting) etc? Just a guess.

I'm not really sure, listen to everyone else because they know tons more about it than I

Well, yes they are all forms of Hypersensitivities (4 types). If it's really severe you would know it, but if it's mild, you may not know it, because the "usual" signs/symptoms do not manifest themselves.

If you are interested in how something as yummy and seeming harmless could unknowingly affect us, take a look at these....very eye opening

Is wheat killing us?

http://bradmarshall.blogspot.com/2005/12/i...tion-maybe.html

Are some cases of atherosclerosis another form of Gluten Intolerance?

http://www.gluten-free.org/hoggan/icam1.txt

if you get tested for wheat and gluten intolerance and you come up as being ok to have it does that mean you can have 100% whole weat bread and healthy gluten products and wont break out?... Someone please answer..llol

yea I dont know if i have a problem with gluten I think I dont.. But i will take a food sensitivity test and find out.