Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WendyMouse

I got road rash on my face... now what?

About a week ago I tripped and instead of skinning my knee, I skinned a side of my face on pavement (I told you I was talented). I got two huge bloody scrapes on my face, one to the right of my chin, and one on my upper right lip.

I've been doing the regimen for over year, with pretty good results. In general when I neglect the regimen, the acne comes back. For safety's sake, I decided to avoid putting benzoil peroxide anywhere near my cuts, but I'm healed enough to go back on it, and try to avoid the general scrape area (I missed once- it stings).

I've been putting petroleum jelly type products on my face and probably will continue until the persistant cuts that result from stretching when smiling and flexing my lips heal. I picked up the CVS brand of Mederma for when the face wounds close, but some online research tells me this does nothing, or is no better than petroleum jelly. Anyway, I bought it, so I figure it's worth a try.

So what is the best way integrate treating a (healing) scraped face and acne at the same time? What is the best order to do things. Also, the petroleum jelly doesn't really dry. When the wound closes, should I put BP and the scar gel on it? Should I try to put moisterizer on the scar spot?

post-50881-1209701633_thumb.jpg

post-50881-1209701633_thumb.jpg

About a week ago I tripped and instead of skinning my knee, I skinned a side of my face on pavement (I told you I was talented). I got two huge bloody scrapes on my face, one to the right of my chin, and one on my upper right lip.

I've been doing the regimen for over year, with pretty good results. In general when I neglect the regimen, the acne comes back. For safety's sake, I decided to avoid putting benzoil peroxide anywhere near my cuts, but I'm healed enough to go back on it, and try to avoid the general scrape area (I missed once- it stings).

I've been putting petroleum jelly type products on my face and probably will continue until the persistant cuts that result from stretching when smiling and flexing my lips heal. I picked up the CVS brand of Mederma for when the face wounds close, but some online research tells me this does nothing, or is no better than petroleum jelly. Anyway, I bought it, so I figure it's worth a try.

So what is the best way integrate treating a (healing) scraped face and acne at the same time? What is the best order to do things. Also, the petroleum jelly doesn't really dry. When the wound closes, should I put BP and the scar gel on it? Should I try to put moisterizer on the scar spot?

I got scraped on the chin once when I fell down the stairs. I didnt care much about it back then so I just let it heal on its own. And thankfully with minimal interference it healed just fine. And now the scar is not even noticeable.

I dont know for sure but if I were you I would keep the BP away form the scraped area and also continue with petroleum jelly application. Your scars look like they could do a little more healing on their own (with petroleum jelly). Then later I would use Mederma on that region.

For now you need to let the skin heal on its own imo

Also, You should probably post this on the scar forum so that you may get more replies.

PS: You seem pretty lucky that your teeth didnt get knocked off. I have a cousin who has a gaping hole (2 front teeth missing). Its so funny when he smiles. :lol: