Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 22 and have suffered with adult acne and still do.

For a long time now I have been used retin-a 0.025% with lymecycline 408mg. I take the pill in the morning and retin-a at night. I was my face by using soap and washing it off and then using neutrogena visibly clear oil free moisturiser.

The regimen I am starting from now is as follows:

Morning:

Step 1: Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2in1 Wash/Mask (Mask once a week, wash every morning)

Step 2: Neutrogena Visibly Clear Rapid Clear Wipes

Step 3: Benzoyl Peroxide Around Mouth Area (I hanve not implamented this step as im consulting my docotor)

Step 4: Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser

Night:

Step 1: Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2in1 Wash/Mask (Mask once a week, wash every morning)

Step 2: Neutrogena Visibly Clear Rapid Clear Wipes

Step 3: Retin-A 0.025%

Step 4: Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser

So far this is the first night ive used the mask for the first time followed by the wipes and retin a and then moistureriser.

I would like to no if any of these porducts shouldnt be used inline with each other, of if any of them arnt needed?

Any tips would be much appriciated.

Here my first picture, I will post a new on every week to hopefully show progress:

week1dw5.th.jpg

After trying the Evening regimn for the first time, i do feel a bit dizzy and sick.

Could this be due to the ingredients in the neutrogene products reacting with the retin-a as ive never has this feeling beofre with just retin-a

Well its the morning after first starting my regimen. I must say the big red spot that had risen up during the day has serverly decreased in size which dosnt happen to me at all in such a short amount of time.

The dizzy feeling I might put down to tiredness. I going to carry the regimen on as noraml and see how it goes.

in your pic i dont see no acne on ur face lol maybe its just my computer actin up

but your regimen sounds good, dont use 2much retin a it might dry your face out alot it depends on the person, but i use a brand of retion a and i like it dont realy dry me out.

the rapid clear whipes your using , what are those? is it just a whipe or is there something in it for your skin like the oxyclean pads n stuff?

you actually have nice looking skin. I only see like two pimples, and your face doesn't look overwashed at all. I'd really recommend not adding too much new stuff. The mistake everybody, including me, has made is going crazy with too many new things. It just strips your face off natural oils, and makes you more dependent on products.

if you start to notice some irritation, cut back on the wipes or the mask.

After trying the Evening regimn for the first time, i do feel a bit dizzy and sick.

Could this be due to the ingredients in the neutrogene products reacting with the retin-a as ive never has this feeling beofre with just retin-a

Firstly thank you all for replying I was worrying no one would comment back. And thank you for saying I have nice eyes and skin.

I know my acne/spots are not the worst by a long shot, though they do really get to me. Kind of having clear skin and then having 5/6 spots pop up gets me down as they never really go away as one set dies down more pop up. I do have a fair bit of acne on my chest and my back. For the last week I’ve started applying Retin A to my chest and back as ive been using it on my face for a while now, it made my chest go red not sore but a little itchy so I have spotted for a few days for it to go down.

I am from the UK so it might be why you couldn’t find the product I mentioned. I’ve uploaded a picture so it might be easier to find. The rapid clear wipes are wipes that go over your hand and you just gently wipe them over your face as directed, no need to wash off after and you use them in the morning and night. It claims it can reduce spot size and swelling within 8 hours which has seemed to of worked for one my spots but that could be a coincidence.

With my regimen at the moment I’m not using the BP as I’m waiting to talk to my doctor about using it. Even though I only plan to use it in the morning and Retin A at night I don’t want the two of them combined to make my skin too dry.

I’m also stopping the Lymecycline tablets as I feel they are not making any difference as I have been taking them for almost a year now.

I also give plenty of time between washing my face and applying Retin A and moisture riser as I found out when I first used Retin A and using a moisture riser straight after, it made my face go really red and sore.

Sorry about the poor picture quality as it was taken on my phone.

I must say using the neutrogena products has made my skin feel fresher.

dsc00207ou4.th.jpg

It is hard to find the comparison here in the US. I think if it has Salicylic Acid in the cleanser and/or the wipes, that is good. If you have been using retina for a long time, then adding stuff with SA in it is a good thing to try. SA is good for blackheads too! If you get better then great, if not, then in the am not a bad thing to dab on the BP, only on your spots.

I really like putting on neosporin or polysporin on my spots as they heal, it helps heal quicker and it has a vaseline consistency that helps with dryness.

I hope what you are doing works for you soon! It doesn't matter how good or bad your acne is, it is hard to deal with!

After the 2nd night of it didnt feel the dizzyness and sickness i felt the night before that msut of been something unrelated.

My spots seems to be decreasing but that could be just luck.

I will keep posting over the coming weeks and hopefully I wil have clear skin

Just a quick update.

It seems I ahve broken out in a few spots 2 fairly big and sore ones on my forhead and some some around mouth that seems to be under the surface but visible.

This might be due to the new regimen?

Ive started using the BP this morning and will only apply it in the morning. So far ive just added it to the spots I have as a test to see how I react to it. So far no burns or itching etc. If all goes well I will up the amount I use within a week.

Just a quick question about retin-a.

It says I would apply a pea sized amount but ever since ive used it I have used more as ive found a pea sized amount is nowhere near enough to cover my face or the areas where I get break outs. Can applying too much cause more spots?

Also ive been reading from some people on the forums that applying moistureriser after retin-a is a bad idea, is there any reason for this and is this true?

I read alot where they apply or don't apply moisturizer. I think if you wait an hour or so, it is ok to do. I can't answer to the pea-sized amount, you don't want to irritate yor skin too much though. How long is a long time using Retin-a, per your first post?

Ive been using it for months. it worked wonder a month ago where I had 4 weeks clear skin now ive been broken out in spots since after then.

Some night it does sting some night it dosnt.

Im using BP in the mornings now and that dosnt sting make my face red, though it makes my skin feel very sticky for a while as it takes a while to full absorb into the skin, hopefully if i see improvements with using BP I will cut out the retin a in the evening and using the BP morning and night. I would stop now but I dont how much the retin a is help as I could break out even worse if I stop it.

Your skin looks good - you may be able to do the bp and SA combo and that be enough. If you read the Retin A logs, you may ask a few if they have any breakouts after months of retin a - there is an IB that some get, and it may be weeks after. Suggest that you don't change up too much stuff at once - so if you have a prob, you know what it is.

I know, mine does too! But you may be able to get away without the retin a ... that's all! :)

The biggest mistake you can make with the Retin-A is using more than a pea size amount. More doesn't equal more effective with this stuff.. quite the opposite actually. More is way too hard on your skin and won't give you the results you want. Take a pea size amount and then dab a little from it on your forehead, each cheek, and your chin.. then rub it in from there. It doesn't feel like enough but it is. Trust me... you don't want to over do this stuff.

Oh, by the way.. even with a few spots, you're still hot. It definitely not the first thing I'd notice about you. Don't stress too much about it. ;)

Thank you Not Myself and Dwhaa.

I was going to go off the retin a but i will give it a while and just use a pea sized amount, if i dont see result I will go with the BP in the morning and night as BP dosnt hurt my skin at all or sting when I apply. The retin a dosnt make my face red or really dry any more which is good but it does sting sometimes. Its made my chest red raw though probably using too much so I wont be using on my chest for a long while, it feels really itchy so ive put lotion on it to sooth it.

I do let my acne stress me out, I get paranoid that is all people will see when they talk to me especeially woman, confidence goes out the window when I have a bad break out. One of the good things about these forums is you can tell people how it can effect your self esteem and people understand. I tell one of my close mates and he cant wrap his head around it, seeing as he has clear skin!

You are normal, and you are gorgeous, if I may say so coming from a 37 yr old mom!

For inspiration - check out RC Rangers Accutane log - he has really helped alot of young kids with confidence issues.

Dawn

Here is a quick update.

Once again sorry for the poor pictures, my decent camera is broken at the moment.

First week has gone. Got a few spots come up from using th BP as was expected and my skin is starting to dry more now but I dont mind that.

Again the photos not been taken outside as in natural light you can see the more spots have that as under the skin. I will take some proper photos over the week.

Im just trying to cut down on breakouts I have, if I can keep clear 90% of the time I would love that.

Ive also just had ahair cut in this photo, cant let my hair get too long :P

Im really surpised my doctor never mentioned BP to me not even once.

week2lc6.th.jpg

week2otherfj5.th.jpg

If you get too dry, you may want to cutback to every other day on the retin a- like Not Myself recommended. Sometimes over irritating can cause flare ups.

Make sure you moisturize!

I am going to cut back to every other day with the retin-a as i feel it will be beneficial.

Now ive got two pictures here of my chest.

Im looking for a way to get rid of the spots on my chest, I did apply retin-a and as you can see it left me with a nice big red and very itchy patch on my chest, ive been hearing about the vinegar solution, could anyone please inform me on this. Do I bascially apply vinegar on my chest?

chestweek1xx0.th.jpg

closechesthf2.th.jpg

I hate to echo everyone else here, but your skin really doesn't look bad. But I know what you mean about trying to get it the best it can be. ;) As to the chest/back acne, I wouldn't apply something like Retin-A there. Could you try the BP, if it doesn't irritate?

All the best to you!

Lauren