Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fredb

Dermatologist who prescribe accutane

Hello Everyone!! I am new here and this is my first time posting so I am not sure if there is already information on this. I think it would be useful if we post name of dermatologists in your area who prescribe accutane. I'm 31 have extremely oily skin and moderate acne under the skin that will not go away. Dermatologists that I have been to will not prescribe to me.

Please help I am desperate but I want to go about this the right (legal) way. I live in D.C.,MD,VA area. If anyone knows of a dermatologist that prescribes accutane please let me know.

Thanks,

Fred

I would say 8/10 dermatologist prescribe Accutane. I don't live in your area, so all I can say is for you to just see another dermatologist. There's one out there.

I would say 8/10 dermatologist prescribe Accutane. I don't live in your area, so all I can say is for you to just see another dermatologist. There's one out there.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I keep running into the 20% who don't. So I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I won't have to jump from doctor to doctor.

I'm having my first ever derm appointment on tuesday. Is changing dermatologist (after being refused accutane) as easy as asking to be refferred? I would feel so rude lol.

I had a to switch dermatologists, too, about a year ago. I (had, it's so much better after 1 MONTH of ACCUTANE). It wasn't because I was too young, had the wrong skin type or anything like that... She just didn't like Accutane! I hope some people post some names on here, but there are only certain people (am I right guys?) that post so I don't know if you'll get anything. Nevertheless, keep trying and in the meanwhile using those topicals. :D

I had a to switch dermatologists, too, about a year ago. I (had, it's so much better after 1 MONTH of ACCUTANE). It wasn't because I was too young, had the wrong skin type or anything like that... She just didn't like Accutane! I hope some people post some names on here, but there are only certain people (am I right guys?) that post so I don't know if you'll get anything. Nevertheless, keep trying and in the meanwhile using those topicals. :D

Thanks Sarah, I have my fingers crossed. Hope things continue to well for you on your Tane journey. :)

im from MD too, I go to Dr. Susan Canning in Olney... shes really nice but shes only in her office on wednesdays, after seeing my huge list of everything that DIDNT work, she perscribed accutane and im hoping for the best!

If anyone's in the Philadelphia, South Jersey area, let me know because my derm prescribed me accutane on my first visit! And he said it's a wonderful drug and my regular physician agreed.

im from MD too, I go to Dr. Susan Canning in Olney... shes really nice but shes only in her office on wednesdays, after seeing my huge list of everything that DIDNT work, she perscribed accutane and im hoping for the best!

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I keep running into the 20% who don't. So I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I won't have to jump from doctor to doctor.