Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using tretinoin and minocin (antibiotics) for about a month and a half now.. infected areas still seem to be getting infected. I don't think I am getting any new infections (it is difficult to say) but I am definitely still getting pimples. I have a few red spots on my face, simples seem to come for a few days then disappear for a while and come back. Should this be happening with the tretinoin?

just to clarify, for about the first week i didnt have a mild cleanser and i used a gentle exfoliant instead. maybe it wasnt the best idea, (i could afford a mild soap and figured that would work alright). I don't know if that would make things worse, but I've only been using the mild cleanser with the tretinoin for about two weeks. maybe i should give it another few weeks with the gel/cleanser combo since i think the exfoliant might have been irritating my skin...

thanks for the help

I'm on my 7th week of Retin-A micro...and I definitely am still breaking out, in fact much worse then when I started (although fewer cystic ones). From what I understand, this is normal...so I'm just trying to wait it out.

I would definitely stick with a mild cleanser, and mild lotion. I use Aveeno ultra-calming foaming cleanser.

Hope this helps!