Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gracieb

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Topical Gel

Since I am always looking for the miracle gel/cream/topical for banishing or improving the appearance of my breakouts, I thought that the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions gel was worth a try. It is cheap at a RRP of between £5 and £8 in England - more than affordable - and is so far doing what it claims to...

After reading a recent artcile in 'The Guardian's' 'Weekend' magazine, which reviewed a variety of anti-blemish products, this came out on top, and so I thought it worth a look. Interestingly enough, it was the second cheapest as well (with the most expenisve being a shocking £150! :shock: ) I know opinions are subjecticve, and admittedly, I had no idea to what extent the reviewer suffered from acne, although at times she mentioned pustules, but I thought 'Why not give it a try?'

I have been using the gel for around 4 days now, and my skin is improving remarkably. I have used Clinique products for "acne-prone" skin before and have found them insufferable; they seemed to assume that all spots occur on oily skin. Not true!! Mine is very dry. It might be for this reason that I am reaping the benefits, but, to be honest, I can't really know... The gel should be applied to the affected area after cleansing on a morning, and it can be re-applied during the day if necessary. Noticeably, the skin does dry out and flake, but the reduction in blemish size, colour and visibility is huge. Basically, when I decided to start, I had six unmoveable medium-sized white-heads by one side of my nose, and plenty of littler spots on my forehead. Smaller spots vanish extremely quickly, and the larger ones take more time, but it is still astonishingly quicker than I have previously experienced: for instance, I now have one of those spots by my nose left, and the smaller ones on my forehead have gone!!

In my experience thus far, however, it does not prevent breakouts. I now have a few larger blemishes; I do not think that they have been provoked by the gel, but application to the area when I have been aware of their intention to emerge has not prevented them from doing so. All in all though, I have had a reduction from about 20 spots to 6. They may be a little larger than those before them, but I am much happier with this difference, and I'm optimistic that they too will soon be banished!

Hi Gracieb,

I used that gel years ago in college, combined with the clinique bar soap ( I think it had triclosan back then) and the city sunblock -I remember it working really well, nothing like the results I now get from SA pads.

I didn't think they made that gel anymore because I don't see it on the Clinique website.

This is based on my experience and purely subjective.

This range broke me out badly. It seemed okay from the very beginning so I thought it was suitable for me. But a week later, I broke out on a daily basis and it just got worse. By my third week, I basically call it an emergency, decided that these products were evil and had to get help. Bear in mind that when I started using Clinique, I had almost clear but dry/flaky skin with the ocassional one or two blemish during my monthly cycle but now I'm back to my old moderate/almost severe acne, a problem I solved 4 years ago. It's even spreaded all over my face when the problem-prone area is usually around my mouth and forehead!

I've stopped using them and changed to other products which is slowly improving my now damaged skin. :doubt: But this experience with Clinique completely scarred me as I don't feel like the same person I was a month ago so I'm swearing off from all their products. :wall:

I used the whole anti-blemish range since I had a consultation with them and they were so sure that these are the perfect products for me instead of their normal range. -sarcasm- Cleansing foam, clarifying lotion, clearing moisturizer, clear blemish gel and post blemish formula. Too bad they don't have a money-back policy since they costed me a bundle and my life. (Yes, I'm still bitter.)

I didn't think they made that gel anymore because I don't see it on the Clinique website.

Well, thank you for your input, Mizuyuki. I'll be careful with this product, following the unfortunate effects that you suffered. At the moment, it is working very well for me, but, as you have pointed out, this can often be the case with changes in a regimen. After which, the body sometimes becomes immune or reacts badly. I am keeping my fingers crossed though!

Principal Pimp: I don't know about the Clinique website myself, as I haven't checked it out. In shops, the gel is not even put on display, which I think is ridiculous considering how many of us are desperate to rid ourselves of acne! I asked about it, and they produced it from a hidden drawer. Tut, tut.

maybe acne is suppost to be a secret? haha how lame. i have used this stuff b4...but it didn't work so great on me in hs. hope it works wonders on you!

Yeah the Clinique 3-step program in both the regular (type 1/2/3) and anti-blemish formulas played absolute havoc with my skin when i tried them, however i do like the blemish gel, like gracieb said it doesnt prevent blemishes at all but it certainly seems to help speed up the healing process. i always dab some on if i've got a big ouchie one or one thats just popped, to help reduce the likelihood of infection.

I personally swear by Revive especially for scarring, bit pricey but super effective in my experience... but that's another topic for another day hehe :shhh:

Yeah the Clinique 3-step program in both the regular (type 1/2/3) and anti-blemish formulas played absolute havoc with my skin when i tried them, however i do like the blemish gel, like gracieb said it doesnt prevent blemishes at all but it certainly seems to help speed up the healing process. i always dab some on if i've got a big ouchie one or one thats just popped, to help reduce the likelihood of infection.

I personally swear by Revive especially for scarring, bit pricey but super effective in my experience... but that's another topic for another day hehe :shhh:

I went on the Revive website and they are pricey but when it comes to my skin, cost is no object. What did you use for scaring? I found this -> http://www.reviveskincare.com/detail.aspx?...&Category=3

which looks great.

Also did you use their cleansers & such with the product you used for scaring?

I went on the Revive website and they are pricey but when it comes to my skin, cost is no object. What did you use for scaring? I found this -> http://www.reviveskincare.com/detail.aspx?...&Category=3

which looks great.

Also did you use their cleansers & such with the product you used for scaring?