Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SwissMonica

Evening Primrose Oil

Hi, if anyone is taking EPO for skin health, what dosage are you using, and is it helping? Have you increased your omega 3 consumption to balance out the additional omega 6 from the EPO?

If it worked, how long to see results?

Also, do you apply topically as well as take internally?

Thanks very much! Although my skin is about 80% clear with the DKR, I hate the fact that my face hurts/itches/flakes from dryness and am looking for some other solution that is kinder to my skin.

I've been taking EPO but it comes together with Cod Liver Oil and the dosage is about 500 mg, taken once a day at night.

I actually didn't know that your suppose to balance out additional omega 6 from EPO by taking more omega 3 until you mentioned it here. Can someone explain that more for me? I've actually been taking more omega 6 because I take omega 3,6,9 + EPO + olive oil. I think that's too much but I'm going to stop omega 3,6,9 and just take omega 3 as soon as the bottle runs out.

As for results, I've been taking zinc + calcium/magnesium at the same time as EPO, so I'm not sure which one is doing more but I have no pimples! :dance: Hopefully this helped you out. Good luck!

Ideally, we want a 1:1 ratio or 1:4 max ratio of omega 3 to omega 6. In our diet, it's usually way out of whack, which is why supplementing with omega 3s is a great idea. However, if we then add in more omega 6 in the form of a supplement, it seems to me that we'd need to increase the omega 3 dose to compensate. However, I haven't found any research on this. I'm just curious if other people have reached this same conclusion.

Well, yesterday I took 2g of EPO orally, and applied the contents of one capsule to my skin over the top of bp, before moisturizing. I had considerably less stinging than usual, which was great, but this morning my face is still flaky.