Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyo

Facials (extractions)

I have had a few blackheads extracted before, but I have never gotten deep whiteheads extracted like I am planning to in about a week and a half.

After you have a professional at a facial treatment spa extract whiteheads approximately how long were you red in those areas after? I really want to know because I have something important to do a couple days after and dont wan't to be brutal looking.

Please post if you know! (I posted this in two forums because I wasn't sure if it qualified as whiteheads or uninflamed acne, sorry)

I have had a lot of facials w/extractions. The redness for me goes away in a couple of hours. But I don't have a lot of really deep pimples. If you have something planned a couple of days out, I think you'll be okay. I would be surprised if you woke up the next day and still had a lot of redness.

I always felt really great the week after a good facial. It's nice to have clean pores, even if it's only temporary!

I have had a lot of facials w/extractions. The redness for me goes away in a couple of hours. But I don't have a lot of really deep pimples. If you have something planned a couple of days out, I think you'll be okay. I would be surprised if you woke up the next day and still had a lot of redness.

I always felt really great the week after a good facial. It's nice to have clean pores, even if it's only temporary!

You should go to a place where they know what they are doing. It sometimes leaves a scar on your face. Don't go an esthetician who can't promise you not to leave scars on your face...

I did enough times in many different places, but those places weren't that good. They advertised themselves as acne skin experts...but it was...not worth it..and super expensive..!!! Many places were over charged, and I could tell that they just wanted my money..:(

The pore sizes didn't get smaller even though I got extractions(I used to buy package offer and it usually comes with pore minimizing mask etc..) Also those blackheads/white heads came back within a few weeks..So, I regularly had to go back there (at least once a month).

Also they can't take all bad things out from your pores, because they work on your face with their own hands. So if there are some left over in your pores, you most likely get acnes from it. I repeatedly got acnes on same spots, so I repeatedly had to have extractions in those same spots so many times...too much trauma for my skin...I realized it is not good for me..

So now I try to fix my acnes internally, not externally. It's much better.

Good luck! Hope you find a good place :)

Also (unfortunately) clogged pores etc are just a genetic trait. Its a chronic condition that won't just go away with a facial. I mean, it might go away for a couple of weeks, but clogged pores will always come back - simply because thats the nature of the skin that we've inhertiated. I would actually think about using some of the creams as suggested in LionQueens pinned post at the top.

Well, the reason I was going to get a facial is this (tell me if my logic is flawed)

I have very deep clogged pores that will not go away anytime soon through the use of any acid etc

What I will do is get the facial from experienced person who gets the core of it, so the pore is totally clean.

Then, my pores are clean and there is no gunk in my pores. Then, since the gunk builds up within the clogged poors, I will prevent clogges pores from forming. I will use the suggested creams, paualus chooice / SA to PREVENT more whiteheads from forming.

So even though facial is temporary, I will keep it at that through PREVENTION of clogged pores

Does this make senes?

Well, the reason I was going to get a facial is this (tell me if my logic is flawed)

I have very deep clogged pores that will not go away anytime soon through the use of any acid etc

What I will do is get the facial from experienced person who gets the core of it, so the pore is totally clean.

Then, my pores are clean and there is no gunk in my pores. Then, since the gunk builds up within the clogged poors, I will prevent clogges pores from forming. I will use the suggested creams, paualus chooice / SA to PREVENT more whiteheads from forming.

So even though facial is temporary, I will keep it at that through PREVENTION of clogged pores

Does this make senes?

Well, it does work well to have extractions. But it's temporary like I said above. Because a facial obviously won't cure acne, so new spots will eventually appear. It's not because they don't get it all out, it's just the nature of the beast. For awhile I was getting facials once or twice a month and having extractions every time. My skin was pretty good, but I still had new spots popping up all of the time, because I didn't have things under control.

One of our moderators here has the occasional extraction combined with a home care program. She is clear.

If you have a good, experienced, gentle esthetician who knows how to properly extract and can provide good information (that's accurate, too!) for home care, you have a chance of clearing up.

One of our moderators here has the occasional extraction combined with a home care program. She is clear.

If you have a good, experienced, gentle esthetician who knows how to properly extract and can provide good information (that's accurate, too!) for home care, you have a chance of clearing up.

Yep - that would be me! It is definitely important to find someone who is experienced at treating acne prone skin. Extractions will need to be done more than once to keep the pores clear - using a combo of an at-home regimen that uses an exfoliant or a topical vitamin A product along with periodic facials w/extractions is your best bet. If you are really clog-prone, one facial won't do that much for you in the long run.

But cant those spots be prevented?

ok thanks^^

Yep - that would be me! It is definitely important to find someone who is experienced at treating acne prone skin. Extractions will need to be done more than once to keep the pores clear - using a combo of an at-home regimen that uses an exfoliant or a topical vitamin A product along with periodic facials w/extractions is your best bet. If you are really clog-prone, one facial won't do that much for you in the long run.

ok thanks^^

ok thanks^^

Sometimes. But even with a good product regimen, some people's skin still will get clogged up. Getting comedones extracted before they become a problem is much better - it can help prevent whiteheads, blackheads and inflamed lesions.

I get probably like 3-4 cysts a year and they usually only occur in one or two areas, in one of those areas I have 2 or 3 deep whiteheads that have been there for months... dont want to start differin and purge out cysts so should i get them extracted?

I get probably like 3-4 cysts a year and they usually only occur in one or two areas, in one of those areas I have 2 or 3 deep whiteheads that have been there for months... dont want to start differin and purge out cysts so should i get them extracted?