Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nd95

moisturizing at night for oily skin?

Hey guys I started dans regimen on friday night and i read that dan doesnt use moisturizer at night cuz his skin is oily so i did the same but im wondering if i should. i wake up and my skin isnt dry but once i wash my face and put on the bp and let that dry my skin looks super dry. i do put the moisturizer after that but should i b putting it on at night too?

Well you don't have to follow Dan's way of not moisturising at night. You can use moisturiser at night as most people on the regimen do. Personally, my skin gets really oily if I use moisturiser at night. I wake up with an oil slick but i don't really care because nobody will see it. I just don't want my face to dry out.

Hi there. I would recommend following all 3 regimen steps, including moisturizer, until you're clear. After that, you can try adding or eliminating steps. That's the "party line."

Personally, I think it's ok to not moisturize each time you do the regimen, as long as you moisturize daily, regularly, or as needed. Everyone's skin is different. Everyone's comfort levels or preferences are different. Some people prefer to keep their skin on the dry side. Some people don't mind blotting the oil. But if you're noticing considerable dryness the next day, I'd reconsider moisturizing at night. Unless of course you don't mind the morning dryness. But bear in mind that dryness can irritate, which could possibly lead to breakouts.

I also wouldn't go by what Dan does, since you're only just getting started. When he or anyone experiments with adding or eliminating steps to their regimen, the basic unspoken premise is they are clear first.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :D