Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
somebodyluvsu

B.P and wrinkles

Does anyone know is B.P gives you wrinkles?!?

I have very sensitive skin and I am wondering if DKR will give me premature wrinkles. I feel like my skin is super dry and I use so much lotion! My neck is esp bad and itches sometimes:( Can you use wrinkle cream as a lotion at night time with DKR? I'm only 20 but i just don't want to end up looking like a prune and am sick of my overly dry skin. Thanks in advance!!

it does not really give you wrinkles your skin looks like it is wrinkled because your skin is dry. if you moisturise it well it will go away.

it does not really give you wrinkles your skin looks like it is wrinkled because your skin is dry. if you moisturise it well it will go away.

BP has the potential to give you semi permanent wrinkles. It dehydrates your skin to the point that your skin could possibly crack creating wrinkles. Last week I had this big pimple that I was treating with BP and it caused the skin around it to become so dehydrated that I could see every little pore in the area (normally you cannot see any of the pores on my forehead) it also caused this deep set in wrinkle that had me worried.

HOWEVER as I cut back on BP and exfoliated the area the wrinkle started to dissipate and it is now almost gone.

If you have really dry skin you need an extra emollient moisturizer. Right now I am using Paulas choice skin recovery moisturizer (the most emollient moisturizer she makes) and its working well to prevent my skin from over drying.

But I could never give up BP, it just works to well (you just need to learn how to compensate for it).

If your skin is clear, then it's kind of up to you if you want to use substitutions or add more steps to your regimen. If not, I would wait till you're clear before trying an anti-wrinkle cream. Just be sure whatever cream you choose does not contain ingredients that will make you break out or irritate your skin. There is a printable list on www.zerozits.com of common ingredients found in skin products. Take this list with you to the drugstore when you shop for your product.

I, too, get the itchy neck so I use extra moisturizer here, and agree, the neck area can be especially sensitive to the BP. I tend to get jawline and neck acne, so it's important for me to hit the jawline area and just under it by my ears real well. Do try to keep the BP away from your eye area, as you can end up with some temporary wrinkles here if you don't.

I do believe any wrinkling you may experience while using the BP is only temporary and should fade over time and with ample moisturization. Perhaps you'll find you no longer feel the need to use an anti-wrinkle cream.

Hope this was helpful. Good luck! :D