Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxcv

cetaphil moisturizer- lotion or cream?

ive been having trouble keeping my skin moisturized since i started accutane at the end of january. i used what the derm recommended, md forte hydrating replenishing cream, which was semi good at first but later stopped absorbing into my skin leaving me with a nasty film/crusty look. then i tried cerave cream which also couldnt absorb into my skin. it was so bad at one point that i started getting rashes all over my face.

i finally broke down and got both cetaphil cream and lotion moisturizers.. which once is better for acne prone skin on accutane? the cream feels quite soothing - however i'm apprehensive that it might lead to more breakouts since it is a heavy, greasy type cream.

so which moisturizor have you folk had better luck with-the cream or lotion?

my derm said that the cetaphil moisturizer is very oily and will clog the pores. i used the neutrogena oil-free moisturizer and it worked well.

I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream at night, and I can tell you that it is the most moisturizing thing I've ever tried. I only recommend using it at night though because it leaves you a little bit shiny. A lot more people break out from Cetaphil Lotion than from the Cream as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,

Akashic

My derm gave me the cream and I hate it. It doesn't break me out, but is so heavy and greasy feeling. It does moisturize pretty well though. I prefer the lotion, but more applications are needed.

I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream at night, and I can tell you that it is the most moisturizing thing I've ever tried. I only recommend using it at night though because it leaves you a little bit shiny. A lot more people break out from Cetaphil Lotion than from the Cream as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,

Akashic

i agree, the cream feels SOO good on my skin. i DID get a 1-2 small zits the next day, so then i tried the lotion for 4 days and broke out REALLY badly. like massive below the surface type pimples.

i'm gonna try the cream again this week and see if it makes it worse.. but the lotion broke me out for sure, no questions asked about that.