Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wilma

More sensitive skin on antibiotics?

HI. I wonder if anyone had the same experience as me? Everytime I use antibiotics I feel that my skin gets much more sensitive. I've used tetracyklin and now I'm on erythromycin. I don't think it's helped me that much on my acne. But I feel that my skin are more sensitive, more red, flush easier and my red marks heals slower when I'm on antibiotics? I thought this is what you experience with accutane, but I experience this with only antibiotics!

Could be that it's helping then, carry on with them.

I'm on roaccutane and you think these are bad affects, but there not, stick with it and your start to see improvements.

It just your skin getting used to something in your system.

When your skin is sensitive, don't use any harsh product on it, try a little germalene, maybe mix it with a little gentle moisturizer if you don't want it to be too strong, it does wonders, and stops it hurting after a while.

Guest Crooked I

My skin remained the same when i was on antibiotics, minus the spots of course. It didnt seem to get more sensitive at all.