Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My face is 90% clear - I dealt with moderate acne during my late high school years and it has turned mild for my college years. A couple of months ago my chin broke out really bad - now they are just fading red marks and some whiteheads - but last week or so I had two huge red ones on my forehead (one by the hair line and one exactly an inch below it) and it was so obvious. They never came to a head so they took over a week to go away.

I thought all was going good until....two weeks ago when I got this huge underground thing on my chin, which I am convinced is a cyst. Neither I nor my parents have the money to get it treated by a dermatologist so I have to wait this thing out which really stinks. It is shiny and red and gross =( I have been getting it smaller by dousing it with 1% SA every night but when I put on make-up, it starts to peel and it looks redder for some bizarre reason.

I have decided not go to my first class this morning because nothing I do makes it look less noticeable, and yeah my skin is not that bad at all but I am just so disgusted by this huge lump on my chin. And this class I have missed a lot. Oh well. =/

So...the rude comment. I spent forever on my make-up yesterday and thought I did not look too bad. I had a family party to go to for my little cousin's birthday. It was after dinner - I was table hopping and ended up next to my Mom who was talking with her older brother and his wife. My Uncle was talking to me about something (History related I guess) and he made it almost like a run-on sentence where he was saying one thing about a past President and then goes "Is that a zit on your chin?" and I almost died! It was so blunt! My Mom was really pissed because all morning I was upset about it and kept telling her to check to see if I covered it good and she said it was fine, I looked great, don't worry, etc...and then my Uncle blatantly brought it up! His wife was mortified. The killer thing is that my Uncle thought it was no big deal to ask! He said he was sorry if he hurt my feelings and I sort of laughed it off and my Mom was quick to change topics. I felt like saying "Is that a wrinkle on your face? No, wait, it's more like ten" but thought it would be too inappropriate and I didn't want to sink to that level.

The crazy thing is, I have been to plenty of family parties in the past where my skin was ten times worse but he never said anything then.

Well, I don't think he meant what he said. Besides he asked what that thing was, meaning he wasn't exactly sure, but he had to make the assumption. lol I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Yea.. these things suck like 50x more than anyone but you realise.. like just this morning my little sister goes "What's that on your face? Is it a bit of food or a really big spot? I think you should go look in the mirror"..

I know she's only tiny and doesn't have the slightest idea how much she hurt me but it really knocks your confidence so hard =/

Yeah, I know he did not mean to hurt my feelings (he *did* apologize) but if I see someone with a spot (or more than one) I know what they are and I do not go "Hey, do you have pimples?" He could have assumed that the big red lump on my chin was a pimple/cyst thing and left it at that without voicing it. Or he could have said "You have something on your chin" as a more discreet way of asking "What is it?" (Then I would've just explained like 'Oh don't worry about it, it's this annoying pimple thing' without feeling so on the spot. Excuse the pun.)

I think your uncle kind of said it as a side note, and like someone said above, he was asking you what it was, so I'm sure he didn't mean it in any kind of a bad way.

You know what I hate? When people say, "Oh hey, you have a zit on your face." ã…¡.ã…¡ Now that is different. To those people, I just want to yell out, "Don't you think I have a freakin mirror at my house, don't you think I look at myself in the morning before coming out, don't you think that I would notice something on my face far before you do?" Ugh.....

Anyhow, your uncle's comment was nothing like the above said, so just don't feel too bad. But haha, your response would've been hilarious (albeit, quite inappropriate).

Get over it, people say stuff without thinking. Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Peoples harsh words only effect those that allow the words to effect them. Some bottle these things up, some lash back, some cry, and some honestly dont give a shit. Its all on you.

The fact that your uncle never said anything when it was worse means he knew it was bad and didn't want to make you feel bad. That he made a comment when it was just something under your chin probably means he really didn't think it was a big deal, such that he could just bring it up. At least that's my take on it...

The fact that your uncle never said anything when it was worse means he knew it was bad and didn't want to make you feel bad. That he made a comment when it was just something under your chin probably means he really didn't think it was a big deal, such that he could just bring it up. At least that's my take on it...

I had worst comments people asked me if I would INFECT them...

My family constantly makes fun of me especially my cousins I try to brush it off most of the time but if he over does it I make a comment to make him feel bad. In your case I think it's the same with my cousin where it can almost be a casual conversation but in reality it really hurts. I've heard worst from outsiders so hearing from family pisses me off but I guess it depends we can't assume he meant harm, or we can assume that's exactly what he was intending you decide.

family are worse they think they have right to say stuff.

i had a family member ask if i got them scars playing football.

yeah i regurly get stabbed in the face playing football (soccer as i presume this is mainli usa)

A friend told me today, we were talking about politics, and something about me wearing the American flag colors on me, and he said, white shoes, blue shirt, and red pimples!

I laughed it off but argh..oh well

Maybe you should have told him that it was your Jackass Meter and that it swells up and turns red right before someone asks you a stupid question. :evil:

I totally understand how you felt...I had the same situation happen with me....after it happened ( of course ) I kept replaying it in my head, I kept thinking of all the things I wish I said back...but that would just have made me look immature.

sooo I decided next time if that every happens to me again.. I will take that person to the side and be like "you may have not realized it but your comment really hurt my feeling and I would appreciate it if next time you would keep your thoughts about my physical apperance to yourself..

AND if they continue to be like "oh it was a joke" or "dont take it seriously"

I would say "my acne is like your recending hairline...its not a pretty site, we try to cover it up, but we all know its there.. and its impolite to bring it up. THAT should shut him up. ;)

hope you have a clear future ahead of you!!

I would say "my acne is like your recending hairline...its not a pretty site, we try to cover it up, but we all know its there.. and its impolite to bring it up. THAT should shut him up. wink.gif