Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This berry is only found in the amazon jungle, I have read things about it being good for acne. Its a powerful anti-oxidant. I only study non-marketed remedies now since everything in the US canada etc is a scam. I have studied this berry and it seems very healthy, one of the worlds top 10 Superfoods actually. Its MAD expensive, I actually found a mix of it wih green tea though. May order it.

Has anyone had any experience with this berry?

I drink a tea, maybe the same one you saw, from Tea of The Republic.....Acai Berry Green Tea is what its called. Very good, tastes like blueberry almost.

But yes, they can be very expensive, since they can only be found in the amazon. They are labeled as a "super fruit" basically there a few fruits with this label meaning they are the highest in anti-oxidants and other good things, another one would be pomegranate and the goji berry is a third one.

This berry is only found in the amazon jungle, I have read things about it being good for acne. Its a powerful anti-oxidant. I only study non-marketed remedies now since everything in the US canada etc is a scam. I have studied this berry and it seems very healthy, one of the worlds top 10 Superfoods actually. Its MAD expensive, I actually found a mix of it wih green tea though. May order it.

Has anyone had any experience with this berry?

I drink a tea, maybe the same one you saw, from Tea of The Republic.....Acai Berry Green Tea is what its called. Very good, tastes like blueberry almost.

But yes, they can be very expensive, since they can only be found in the amazon. They are labeled as a "super fruit" basically there a few fruits with this label meaning they are the highest in anti-oxidants and other good things, another one would be pomegranate and the goji berry is a third one.

Mangosteen, mangosteen mangosteen. There is a special class of antioxidents called Xanthones in this fruit. They are actually very strong anti inflammatorys, amazing fruit. The same thing though, it is very expensive if you can even find it in the US. I use a juice from it called Xango, works wonders with a lot of differant health issues. Also, if anyone knows what C-reactive protein is, its the measurment of inflamation in the blood vessels, thats what really tells you how close you are to a heart attack. This juice will regulate this level, i have talked to soooo many people and seen their test results... i started drinkin it before i knew about the test, i didnt even bother.

Why don't you try ordering from iherb.com? They have cheap acai supplements and are very reliable! If you click on the reviews for many of the different supps you'll see that lots of people said their skin cleared up after taking this. Pretty cool huh?

I've tried this Acai and I don't doubt it's antioxidant capacity. BUT it's no miracle nutrient for acne. Don't depend on Acai alone to get rid of your acne. It takes a more wholistic approach like incorporating a healthy lifestyle and diet.

When you incorporate a healthy lifestyle and diet, that's when I've notice a dramatic reduction of acne. Acai is good to have as extra protection.

Yeah, while all these exotic fruits are high in anti-oxidants, its much more beneficial and economic to eat more fruits and vegetables than searching for a "superfood." The price for one cup of fresh berries would probably be more or equal to 2 pounds of produce. The amount of money per antioxidant just isn't worth it I think.

Very well said. Get some Blackberries, BlueBerries, Rasberries....Black Berries have the highest antioxidant score of common fruits.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=42

It really depends on the scale that you look at...

In any case, we don't need superfoods! Just enjoy the healthy foods that we can get at hand...

It's ridiculous that we might have to go to South America or some crazy Jungle to find healthy fruits. Though I must admit...the selection in Asia is unbeatable and enviable at times. :boohoo:

Very well said. Get some Blackberries, BlueBerries, Rasberries....Black Berries have the highest antioxidant score of common fruits.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=42

It really depends on the scale that you look at...

In any case, we don't need superfoods! Just enjoy the healthy foods that we can get at hand...

It's ridiculous that we might have to go to South America or some crazy Jungle to find healthy fruits. Though I must admit...the selection in Asia is unbeatable and enviable at times. :boohoo: