Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoBills

Just cancelled my Proactive membership!

Today marks the end of an era as far as my acne battle is concerned. Just got off the phone with Proactiv customer service and CANCELED my membership.

I'm really loving this natural thang and all the good info provided on these boards. I've been following my routine for almost 5 months now with good results. Yet one thing has been hanging over my head for a while...my Proactiv solution kept showing up in the mail.

It was kind of like finally ending it with a girl after the relationship has been sour for quite some time. They've been sending me their harsh chemical solution for 2-3 years now, and I've been throwing my money away for a good 6-7 months as I haven't been using it.

The best part was when asked by the customer service rep why I wanted to cancel I replied, "It just stopped working." And she said "Yeah, it does that after a while." Couldn't believe she said that!

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. :dance:

Great for you...but you seriously paid for 6 month's worth of Proactiv before finally cancelling it? :confused:

Haha...yes but it wasn't monthly towards the end. I changed the shipment frequency so I wasn't dumping $ every month.

For as frugal a person as I am, I tend to forget about getting charged automatically for certain things every so often.

Congrats!

I remember quitting my topicals...it was frickin' scary as hell. But when I did it, I never looked back.

You know what you can do with those unused proactive kits? EBAY! :lol:

Besides that though, congrats dear! I remember how I felt when I quit my membership, just be prepared to get swamped with mail from them from time to time with them trying to get you to return and bribing you with different free gifts. -Is annoyed from still getting them and canceled membership back in early 2006-

congrats, throw that crap in the trash! :)

you will be surprised...when you have truly clear and strong skin through diet, you don't have to even wash it with soap. It's a 180 degree change in mindset. You know how the skin on the rest of your body seems so low maintenance--you'll be so happy when your face reaches that point.