Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iCogito

Inspiring quotes,books and music.

Well, I thought what if I create a thread where we can encourage one another by sharing quotes,music and interesting books on life, happiness and etc. :wub:

Share your tips on how do you make yourself feel better, relief stress and inspired.

This is one of my fav. quotes:

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.â€

Kanye West's Through the Wire because no matter what happens you can always fight through your troubles and keep going.

as gay as it sounds this forum inspires me alot...

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

"Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?"

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

"The house does not rest on the ground, but upon a woman."

"The defects and faults of the mind are like wounds in the body. After all imaginable care has been taken to heal them up, still there will be a scar left behind."

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars."

Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it."

I have a book full of quotes, basically words of wisdom. I'm trying to read "The Purpose Driven Life" but I'm stuck to chapter 1.

Actually playing with my baby sister helps out a lot, makes me forget what I look like. :surprised:

as gay as it sounds this forum inspires me alot...

Actually playing with my baby sister helps out a lot, makes me forget what I look like.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa

"Love takes off masks we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within." - James Baldwin

My two favourites. :)

Those quotes are really inspiring. :wub:

I like this one too.

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.â€

haha i used to have a quote of the day segment in my blog. Heres some good quotes:

Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,--'Wait and hope'.

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not come. We have only today. Let us begin

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

How many goodly creatures are there here!

How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,

That has such people in't!

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.

If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up.

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good.

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars.

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.

Life is beauty, admire it.

Life is bliss, taste it.

Life is a dream, realize it.

Life is a challenge, meet it.

Life is a duty, complete it.

Life is a game, play it.

Life is a promise, fulfill it.

Life is sorrow, overcome it.

Life is a song, sing it.

Life is a struggle, accept it.

Life is a tragedy, confront it.

Life is an adventure, dare it.

Life is luck, make it.

Life is too precious, do not destroy it.

Life is life, fight for it.

You suppose you are the trouble

But you are the cure

You suppose that you are the lock on the door

But you are the key that opens it

It's too bad that you want to be someone else

You don't see your own face, your own beauty

Yet, no face is more beautiful than yours.

Once you have started seeing the beauty of life,

ugliness starts disappearing.

If you start looking at life with joy,

sadness starts disappearing.

You cannot have heaven and hell together,

you can have only one.

It is your choice.

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while DARING GREATLY so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

If there were ever a time to dare,

to make a difference,

to embark on something worth doing,

it is now.

Not for any grand cause, necessarily-

but for something that tugs at your heart,

something that's your aspiration,

something that's your dream.

You owe it to yourself

to make your days here count.

Have fun.

Dig deep.

Stretch.

Dream big.

All men and women are born, live suffer and die; what distinguishes us one from another is our dreams, whether they be dreams about worldly or unworldly things, and what we do to make them come about... We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents. We do not choose our historical epoch, the country of our birth, or the immediate circumstances of our upbringing. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live.

Don't help me or serve me, but let me see it once, because I need it. Don't work for my happiness, my brothers - show me yours - show me that it is possible - show me your achievement - and the knowledge will give me the courage for mine.

We don't need more money, we don't need greater success or fame, we don't need the perfect body or even the perfect mate. Right now, at this very moment, we have a mind, which is all the basic equipment we need to achieve complete happiness.

You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world's happinessnow. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged.

I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this? Henceforth will I look on all things with love and be born again. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult

Do not worry about whether or not the sun will rise. Be prepared to enjoy it.