Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone, yes it is my first post, and i have acne, acutally mostly just red marks now but, Has anyone one noticed that your acne always stands out much more in the rear view mirror in a car in comparison to other places, i mean, i notice red marks in the car that are invisible in every other mirror. is there something about these mirrors that make redness stand out more or something?

i agree that my face looks at its worst in the rearview mirror, but it's not because of the mirror itself. Rather, I believe that it's due to the type and amount of sunlight we get to see our faces in. Cause for night-driving, while I'm stopped at an intersection with a car ahead of me, if I look into the rear view mirror having only the red brake lights shine off my face, I look pretty good! lol.

Yeah a lot of ppl who get upset over mirrors fail to realize how much lighting is a factor. I've found with redmarks that when you're in lighting conditions that are bright to intensely bright EXCEPT your back turned to the light source/something blocks the light from reaching your face...in circumstances like these red marks look the worst. Try this, stand under a fluroescent light or other light source and start walking away from it holding a mirror. Don't try this experiment if your susceptible to being upset by your appearance...but I always found my redmarks became more prominent as direct light stopped reaching my face. I came upon this discovery of after months of torturing myself in a mirror that was in a corner of the room, where my back was always to the light. Anyone who tries this experiment and sees similar results should be comforted by the fact that your red marks don't stand out as much in well lit conditions as you think.

lol, I just don't look in the mirror anymore, I've accepted that I have BDD so I don't subject myself to more depressing stimuli. Thank God for making me male or else I would leave the house looking like a whore or dissaranged mess.

, I've accepted that I have BDD so I don't subject myself to more depressing stimuli.  Thank God for making me male or else I would leave the house looking like a whore or dissaranged mess.

hey i noticed that in the rear view mirroe too... but i also got frightened at the detnist when they put a mirrir in my face.. with that really high bulb light coming down at me... it was soooo gross... i was tlaking to my folks about it and they said its because the lighting was werid and the mirror is megnified so u can see your teeth better ( altough i wasn;t looking at my teeth!

Like do my red marks look like that everywhere... it sacrred me

Drawss

No No I meant that completely innocently like I'd leave the house looking like a whore because how are you gonna put make up on without looking in the mirror? lol.

And BDD i think stands for Body Dysmorphia Disorder or something close to that. It's a psychological "ailment" where no matter how good you might look to others/in general you always feel shitty about yourself. So I just don't look in the mirror anymore.