Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enoch

Accutane(Liver) and Protein Shakes

I know accutane is tough on the liver, so is taking protein shakes OD?

What makes a protein shake bad for the liver?

Thanks

For those who took accutane, how did you adjust your diet and workout?

Personally, I dont work out yet(i weigh <120) so im trying to gain some weight with extra calories and protein shakes before I hit the gym but if it destroys the liver, im gonna have to come up with another way...

any suggestions?

thanks

Thanks

Personally, I dont work out yet(i weigh <120) so im trying to gain some weight with extra calories and protein shakes before I hit the gym but if it destroys the liver, im gonna have to come up with another way...

any suggestions?

thanks

The above poster is right that they are good in moderation, the amino acids are very helpfull to the body.

However the extreme amount of protein in some cases is not good for the kidneys long term, that much is a fact.

Just go easy on them while you are on tane, the body doesn't need excess of anything else to process.

Protein doesn't do shit to the liver. It might effect if the kidney but that's if you have insufficient water and take extreme amounts....like 400grams of it a day.

What's your protein source? Whey can be very high in cholesterol, which is elevated during tane. Probably nothing to worry about. Also, does it have creatine in it? It's probably more OCD than anything, but some people have reported break outs from creatine.

Protein Requirements

Normal People - .8 g / kg

Athletes - 1.2-1.5 g / kg

A lot of people get way more protein than they need, and chances are you are going to meet your requirements just by taking a shake. If you're point is to gain weight, you're better off by just eating an extra cheeseburger every day.

i take strawberry muscle milk, like once or twice a day at most..and i dont think it has creatine, cuz i know that really fooks up your liver.

What's your protein source? Whey can be very high in cholesterol, which is elevated during tane. Probably nothing to worry about. Also, does it have creatine in it? It's probably more OCD than anything, but some people have reported break outs from creatine.

Protein Requirements

Normal People - .8 g / kg

Athletes - 1.2-1.5 g / kg

A lot of people get way more protein than they need, and chances are you are going to meet your requirements just by taking a shake. If you're point is to gain weight, you're better off by just eating an extra cheeseburger every day.

Extra protein causes stress to liver and kidneys also but normal amounts of protein is actually good for you.The problem is that many protein powder manufacturers include other substances as well in their products such as vitamins and other substances that can cause extra stress to the organs.

Thanks

any suggestions?

thanks

i take strawberry muscle milk, like once or twice a day at most..and i dont think it has creatine, cuz i know that really fooks up your liver.