Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foodafoo

people suggested to go to the beach.

and get inside the water.....allegedly the ocean water helps get rid of red marks and pimples.

is this true?

i haven't been to the beach in a while but i was thinking about going to the beach and work out then get inside the water for a little swim.

Whenever i go to the beach for a few days i always leave 100% clear..its the only time im ever clear

After realizing that its the ocean water that does this, i've been soaking my face in water mixed with sea salt...so far so good

I can gaurantee that if you go to the beach and go in the water and saty in the sun, your acne will clear up tremendously..you will not be dissapointed

I just recently went to Florida and was swimming and in the sun for a few days.

My acne almost completely went away.

I'm currently doing some research on the best way to mimick ocean water. (To make a bath that is as close as possible to ocean water)

Whenever i go to the beach for a few days i always leave 100% clear..its the only time im ever clear

After realizing that its the ocean water that does this, i've been soaking my face in water mixed with sea salt...so far so good

I can gaurantee that if you go to the beach and go in the water and saty in the sun, your acne will clear up tremendously..you will not be dissapointed

I'm def going then.

i have a couple of red marks and one big pimple that has little white heads around it or in it....it hurts a lot just by even moving my nose since its right next to it.

thank you guys.

:)

Er, maybe not the ocean, too much crap, but definitely a place like the Black Sea, the salty water does wonders for the skin. However, if you are going to go out in the sun, make sure it is until 11am and after 5pm, when the sun is weakest.

Er, maybe not the ocean, too much crap, but definitely a place like the Black Sea, the salty water does wonders for the skin. However, if you are going to go out in the sun, make sure it is until 11am and after 5pm, when the sun is weakest.

I don't get why so many people are afraid of the sun...they say only go out for 30 minutes a day, or go out when its at its weakest....

before modern society humans were outside 24/7..there was no inside, and there wasn't even sun tan lotion..so obviously this "the sun isn't good for you" crap which modern society try's to teach us is crap. I ONLY go out between 11 and 5 because thats when the sun is the strongest, I don't see the point of going out before or after than because the suns not gonna do much...The sun is natural

I don't get why so many people are afraid of the sun...they say only go out for 30 minutes a day, or go out when its at its weakest....

before modern society humans were outside 24/7..there was no inside, and there wasn't even sun tan lotion..so obviously this "the sun isn't good for you" crap which modern society try's to teach us is crap. I ONLY go out between 11 and 5 because thats when the sun is the strongest, I don't see the point of going out before or after than because the suns not gonna do much...The sun is natural

Why bother arguing with you? You obviously think you're right no matter what I say. Go ahead, barbeque yourself.

Sunscreen interferes with your skins ability to produce Vitamin D. A vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of ALL cancers, not only skin cancer. 15-20 minutes in the sun produces about 10,000 IU of vitamin D in a caucasion person. Compare that to staying inside and taking a 400IU vitamin D supplement. I"m thinking that spells out a vitamin D deficiency.

The risk with skin cancer is not general sun exposure, it from sun BURNS. As long as you don't let yourself get burned, sun exposure is healthy and NEEDED.

Vitamin D helps clear acne, which may be what all this beach stuff is about. Vitamin D inproves blood sugar metabolism, and increases IGFBP-3, the protein that binds IGF-1. IGFBP-3 also allows skin cells to separate from the skin instead of getting stuck in the pores like in acne.

Vitamin D deficiency is a very common problem, due to clothes, cars, and working and living indoors.

Just don't BURN yourself, and you'll be fine. You'll also be protecting yourself from ALL cancers instead of just one.

Sunscreen interferes with your skins ability to produce Vitamin D. A vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of ALL cancers, not only skin cancer. 15-20 minutes in the sun produces about 10,000 IU of vitamin D in a caucasion person. Compare that to staying inside and taking a 400IU vitamin D supplement. I"m thinking that spells out a vitamin D deficiency.

The risk with skin cancer is not general sun exposure, it from sun BURNS. As long as you don't let yourself get burned, sun exposure is healthy and NEEDED.

Vitamin D helps clear acne, which may be what all this beach stuff is about. Vitamin D inproves blood sugar metabolism, and increases IGFBP-3, the protein that binds IGF-1. IGFBP-3 also allows skin cells to separate from the skin instead of getting stuck in the pores like in acne.

Vitamin D deficiency is a very common problem, due to clothes, cars, and working and living indoors.

Just don't BURN yourself, and you'll be fine. You'll also be protecting yourself from ALL cancers instead of just one.

yeah the only time sun screen is needed is if you are physically tanning..meaning just lying or sitting facing directly at the sun for an extended period of time...any other time though when out in the sun lotion isn't needed

that is just false

Based on what? All the sunscreen commercials? Gotta love those unbiased sources of information, lol

Vitamin D is extremely important, and the main source of vitamin D is the sun. Sun screen prevents your skin from making vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency has very conclusively been associated with an increased risk of ALL cancers. When I say sun exposure, I'm talking about 1/2 an hour a day for a caucasion person, not all day sun bathing. Skin cancer is associated with burns, not with mild sun exposure.

It does have to do with it because if you use sunscreen (I assume to avoid skin cancer), your skin can't make vitamin D, which is known to reduce ALL cancers. In addition to that, I mentioned Vitamin D because vitamin d has been shown to improve glucose metabolism, and reduce hyperproliferation, two very relevant subjects in regards to acne and sun exposure - and benefits which sunscreen interferes with.

I bring it up because many people think you have to wear sunscreen anytime you have sun exposure, and that's not true. A certain amount of bare skinned exposure is good for you, sunshine does not equal skin cancer, burning equals skin cancer. It's an important distinction, one which, if not made, will lead to chronic vitamin D deficiency, and an overall increased risk of all cancers, as well as not being able to benefit from the glucose control or reduction in hyperproliferation. I understand that 1/2 an hour is not the same as being outside all day, I just needed to mention that for a small portion of that full day of exposure, you should not be wearing sun screen.

Okay guys, sorry to interrupt this argument but I'd like to get back to the topic of the beach helping people's acne. I think most people can attest to going to the beach and coming back with healthier skin.

Well, I have done some research on this and I'm interested to see what other's have found (one user mentioned trying to mimic sea water to soak in). I would like to try this as well but it might be very difficult. What I have learned so far is that the mineral content of sea water does have an affect on the skin. Not only the salt, but also the countless other trace minerals found in the ocean. When purchasing sea salt, look for brands that have more of these trace minerals.

That being said, minerals alone are not what makes your skin clear. Ocean water actually contains levels of glycolic acid (an AHA). It is produced as a byproduct from phytoplankton swells. i.e. there is a direct correlation between phytoplankton population and glycolic acid content. Depending on what ocean and what time of the year you get in the water, you could actually be reaping the benefits of naturally occurring, exfoliating AHAs.

This was really exciting to me when I discovered it but also kind of discouraging because aside from growing your own reef aquarium with a phytoplankton farm (which is extremely difficult but can be done....google it), there's really no way to perfectly replicate sea water. I'm sure a sea salt soak will be beneficial but not nearly as much as the beach itself. I guess we all just have to go to the beach more often!

that is just false

Apparantly its different for everyone...but i can be in the sun for hours and hours and not get a sun burn, i only get tanner...the only time i ever got a sun burn was when i fell asleep on the beach facing the sun

so if you need sun screen all the time than i sincerely feel bad for you because thats not very healthy

umm, duh. Of course it's different for everyone. We have different amounts of pigment in our skin due to our ethnicity and we live in different parts of the planet. And many of us don't live in an environment that our ethnicity was meant to live in.

Also, the salt and the sand in the water cleans things. I used to have a border collie and no amount of bathing would get his white parts clean, but one trip to the beach and he was brilliant white.

I was going to by a sea salt toner, and was hoping that would help draw out impurities without overly drying my skin. I made a post about it and was told it would dry my skin, however soaking in a tub full of salt water doesnt, so im confused.

I def. want to try something like this to though.